Eternal
Eternal is a Sailor Moon roleplay set the fictional Crystal Empire territories in the United States. We’re a plot and character driven site set after Sailor Moon Stars, during the rise of the Crystal Empire. The deities who governed the planets in the Silver Millennium are beginning to return as magic is slowly making itself known once more to humans. We’re rated L3/S3/V3, use real life face claims, and have been ongoing since July 10th, 2018.

Late March 2031 - April 2031

(Invitation) that we should walk side by side
tag: liliana // March, 2031

Pantheon
40 (Ageless)years
he/himpronouns
Professor occupation
Hades alter-ego
Nether & Underworldpowers

When Emery had gotten a message from one of the Golden Kings--specifically Jeremiah Mercer--he had been surprised. Yet once he realized what it was about, and how it played into his hands, it had been a pleasant surprise. For the most part, he had decided to keep his distance, to not intrude upon the reincarnation of his beloved (especially after what he had done after the meeting with her AI self), but now that the option was there ...

There was no way that he would resist.

Besides, it made sense that she would connect with another Infinity Academy employee who had been in similar situations (even if he had, as far as they thought, dodged the bullet so to speak regarding Elysion). So after an exchange of texts with Liliana, Emery had said he needed to handle a few more things with the administration of the academy and would come by her department afterward.

Which is what led to him waiting for Liliana to finish up what she was working on, the professor checking something on his phone before looking up to catch sight of her coming towards him.

"Ah, Miss Corynn?" An absolutely charming smile was given as he gave a small bow. "Professor Emery Sullivan, it's a pleasure." Though he more often went by professor, Emery Sullivan had gotten himself dual doctorates in his fields of interest. It had been why he was part of the group from the academy surveying and exploring Elysion though no one was able to anymore. "Hopefully I'm not too early and interrupting your research? If I am, I do not mind waiting a bit longer." Another smile was given. "Or play assistant? My expertise is different but there is certainly overlap between our fields."

Truthfully, Hades was not sure how he would handle the situation. It would have to be different than his interaction with Orpheus because he did not want Liliana--Selene--to awaken to the truth of who she was. No, his beloved deserved to not have to deal with the politics of the universe (and his war against Chronos) for as long as possible. Given that she was several decades older than her past incarnation, her lack of power and presence due to her actions, and his determination to protect her ...

Well, Hades knew it was currently unlikely to happen.

played by em they/he pronouns 49 posts 2 threads

Pantheon
50years
She/herpronouns
Clinical Herbalist occupation
Queen Serenity (Selene) alter-ego
None.powers

Liliana had lost track of time after her classes had ended for that day, choosing to stay late after she got preoccupied with a project. Her fingertips delicately touched some of the various herbs that they had protected from Elysion’s grounds, her students aided in the research.

They were medicinal plants, ones with magical properties that had piqued the students interests as they engaged in another realm of botanical science. The truth was, the magical properties in the plants that she and her students had been researching were fascinating to Liliana as well. The plant had a tendency to glow a pinkish hue when it released its magical properties, and as it released its energy, Liliana couldn’t help but feel a little nostalgic for something that she was uncertain of.

Her head perked up a little when she heard the mention of her name. Oh, that’s right~!

“Hm? Oh goodness, Professor Sullivan! I do apologize, I didn’t realize it was already that time.” Liliana had stopped what she was doing then, grateful that she hadn’t gotten too deep into it.

“No, no, it’s alright.” She laughed. “As much as I’d be thrilled for an assistant, authorization must be granted to work closely with these plants.” There would be no more mishandling of plants from Elysion, and while her students were researching them as well, it was usually the ones that excelled in their skills.

“But I wouldn’t mind help with locking up tonight. I doubt after a long shift, staying at the Academy is what was in mind for our meeting, yes?” Liliana inquired. She was the one who reached out, but even she was aware that some had their limits to time devoted to the Academy as a whole. Liliana unsure on what category Professor Sullivan was in.

@Emery Sullivan
played by Vii She/her pronouns 40 posts 4 threads

Pantheon
40 (Ageless)years
he/himpronouns
Professor occupation
Hades alter-ego

"No apologies necessary," replied Emery. "Especially if you were caught up in your study and enjoying your work." Selene had been the same way, had sometimes been so focused that she would forget just how much time had passed. It had been one of the things he loved about her among so many others.

His head tilted thoughtfully, Emery stroking his jaw in thought. "I did have authorization regarding Elysion, especially as some of my associates," his expression turned pained, "were responsible for harvesting and bringing them in for study while I primarily focused on artifacts and otherwise." it was not easy to think about what had happened within Elysion, how it had been taken or that he had lost so many friends, but Emery worked to move past it.

"I was on sabbatical, however," continued Emery, "and I am uncertain if that authorization remains." Oh, it probably did--thanks to his particular talents--but Emery still looked as if he did not know for sure. "Given what has been found with Elysion, it would make sense for it to expire."

Emery shook his head, clearly moving on from the topic. "I was speaking with Administration to start teaching once again as my sabbatical is over." That was one way to say that he had not had a long shift at the academy today. "I would think, however, that if we want to keep ourselves from getting distracted from our work--as intriguing and fascinating it may be--it would probably be best to head off campus."

Another smile was offered to Liliana, Emery inclining his head and gesturing for her to continue. "So by all means, finish up and I will help you lock up before we depart."

Pantheon
50years
She/herpronouns
None.powers

“Spoken like a scholar,” Liliana teased a little. The Infinity Academy was known for housing some of the most brilliant minds, expecting nothing but the best from their professors. While Liliana herself may not have acquired anything higher than a minor’s in teaching, Liliana was aiming to advance her preferrable skillset.

“I see,” Liliana was aware that as a researcher working on Elysion, he would have had authorization as well, that was true. However, the extent of what someone was authorized to work with was something Liliana had chosen not to go into full depth in. The Infinity Academy was complicated when authority was concerned, even some outsiders weren’t normally allowed to roam the academy freely without a guide. She supposed old habits were difficult to break, but when the academy worked with sensitive topics, it was understandable why.

“The particular plants that my students and I have been working with have been of the magical variety,” Liliana informed him. “If you’re authorized to work with magics, that is acceptable. They’re simply fascinating, and being among the few to be able to work with them is a quite the privilege.”

Truthfully, Liliana had wondered if she had still overstepped her boundaries in that approach. When Professor Sullivan had confirmed what she had known, Liliana lowered her head gently.

“It would seem we both have made similar choices,” Liliana acknowledged. “I had taken off that day to rest after my involvement during an attack on Infinity Academy days prior. I suppose that…with everything that we’ve endured, it was also fuel to approach Doctor Mercer. The students of this academy and faculty deserve a safer environment going forward.”

That, however, was not entirely the reason why she desired to speak with Professor Sullivan. Liliana was not going to give into ‘survivor’s guilt’, and she had hoped that neither would the Professor. Liliana had wanted to see where his mindset was and how he was doing on the matters at hand, and offer her own support.

“Unfortunately, while I would abide, I am the sort who could remain here all night given the chance. Therefore, I think it’s best to focus on locking up instead. My notes are in a good position to leave it for tomorrow as well. Have you eaten dinner yet? There’s some restaurants nearby within walking distance.”

@Emery Sullivan

Pantheon
40 (Ageless)years
he/himpronouns
Professor occupation
Hades alter-ego

"We had to be," replied Emery, speaking about working with magics, "as there was the anticipation that some of the artifacts and otherwise might have magical properties given the nature of Elysion itself." His head tilted thoughtfully.

"There was one of the inner gardens--within the palace itself, though it was on the topmost floor--that we discovered that I think ..." A finger tapped against his chin thoughtfully. "Silent Princess? White with touches of blue and would glow beautifully at night. I helped gather some of it so it could be brought here." Emery shook his head. "I found a tome that made reference to it having some sort of magical quality but with all that happened I never did check-in to see if those qualities were discovered."

Hades did not need to think about it, or even wonder, because he knew the properties. In most cases, it only greatly strengthened the effects of what it was mixed with but if the mixture was wrong ... Well, it could make a rather effective toxin.

His expression softened as Liliana continued and spoke of what had happened to her. Emery's reaction was understanding and sympathetic, though Hades' reaction was one fury that he buried deep. How dare someone attack her, how dare-

The thought was pushed thoroughly away.

"Whatever can be done to protect the academy--the faculty, students, and all others within--is worthwhile. Doctor Mercer reached out to me," said Emery, "in part to check-in and in part to learn what had already been moved out of Elysion and what we lost to the Dark Alliance." A gesture was made for Liliana to guide the way so that he might assist her in locking up.

"Lead the way, Miss Corynn, and I shall follow along with endeavor to ensure neither of somehow gets distracted by intriguing notes or otherwise." There was a brief pause before he answered her question. "I've not had dinner yet and am quite peckish so that would be perfect."

Pantheon
50years
She/herpronouns
None.powers

“Quite true,” Liliana agreed. “The Crystal Empire’s very existence has taught us that things may not be as they seem. When researching Elysion it’s even more imperative to be prepared for anything.”

“Is that so? One group of my students is researching Silent Princess. Students are grouped in this classroom to research a variety of different plants. We were grateful that Silent Princess was not among the plants that were stolen during the attack.”

It was bad enough that the Dark Alliance had stolen Mnemosyne’s Lance. If they had stolen any others with magical properties, she would have been more suspicious about their intentions. Surely, Mnemosyne’s Lance wasn’t that strong magically?

Within time, she had hoped that research would reveal the true natures of Mnemosyne’s Lance, but it seemed to not be the case.

“Yes,” she nodded. “Doctor Mercer was taking the matter quite seriously and I’m relieved.” It didn’t need to be said, but the Crystal Empire had a lot on their hands. She felt a little bad for having put more on their plate, but it was necessary.

A soft smile formed on her features at the remark as she finished putting things away. “Well then, it sounds like we have a plan.”

@Emery Sullivan