Eternal
Eternal is a Sailor Moon roleplay set the fictional Crystal Empire territories in the United States. We’re a plot and character driven site set after Sailor Moon Stars, during the rise of the Crystal Empire. The deities who governed the planets in the Silver Millennium are beginning to return as magic is slowly making itself known once more to humans. We’re rated L3/S3/V3, use real life face claims, and have been ongoing since July 10th, 2018.

Late March 2031 - April 2031

What's on your mind?
// Month Day, Year

Crystal Empire
36years
She/Herpronouns
Astrologist occupation
Sailor Pluto alter-ego
Time, Space, Darkness, and the Underworldpowers

There was a shift in the air, something was different with the changes that were constantly rolling in and it did not help that there was a shift in the stars; the way their sparkle would light the skies or its formation; an observation that was made several weeks ago but yet the Plutonian Queen chose not to speak on it. She needed to meet with her fellow Outer Guardians to see what they made and felt of the situation and if they too had a similar premonition before bringing it to the attention of the likes of Cynthia and the rest of the Empire.

However, it was worth highlighting that there was nothing good about the change in question for it brought about a series of omens that she was sure meant something about the changing tides, something about the way the stars were aligning together to take shape of a constellation that spoke volumes to her but also placed a settling feeling in her heart. Could it be a sheer representation of what all has happened thus far is slowly but surely getting prepared to boil to a head? Is there a new enemy on the horizon? One more vicious than Metaria? She couldn't exactly place her finger on it but for now?

She needed to visit with one of Saariyah's comrades... simply to just speak with them and see how they were feeling with all that has transpired...and needless to say, she noticed the shift in the demeanor of the Galactica and with good reason after what happened. She could only imagine that those of the Outer Rim Guardians would feel the exact same way had it been one of their own and she was even more certain that their highness was not too particularly fond of communicating with any of them, for she may have the uncanny feeling that it was in fact, their fault that things have transpired as they had? That perhaps they were not on par with their own petty squabbles and the like? Not as much as they themselves had been?

So many questions, huh? But Layla knew that they weren't going to be answered on her own accord, no not at all. It was just simply evident that she was just going to have to be the one to extend that olive branch; considering they had been through enough already just from being present here on Earth.. and that one person she was going to approach about the matter?

Chandra Apsara.

Why? Because she was sure that this was someone who was hurting just as much as Fighter and Queen Kakyuu was and besides... The two hardly, if ever, talked considering the potential, if any, tension exists between them. But at the same time, she understood the quiet mentality that was shared between the two of them, often choosing to remain in the background and handle things accordingly...which was a wonder as to why the two didn't communicate?

Nevertheless, that was set to change as Layla made her way into the Great Hall so that she could find a nearby seat while waiting for the Kinmokuseian to make their entrance to begin what the Plutonian considered to be a long-awaited conversation; sliding her fingers through her mane as the waves of ebony tresses grazed the print of her digits.

played by Sunnie She/Her pronouns 55 posts 2 threads

Galactica
37years
they/them/theirpronouns
Ambassador occupation
Sailor Star Maker alter-ego
Starlightpowers

Truthfully, Chandra was tired though they did not let it show. The reason for benig tired vary from day to day, though to day it was a combination of having to chase after [Queen Fireball] and make sure that [Star Fighter] did not completely mishandle a situation as the Queen's Handmaiden.

Honestly, they were fairly certain that things should have been getting easier for [Star Fighter]. The fact of the matter was that as time went on, as Saariyah was gone longer and longer, it began to wear more on both their Queen and their leader. It was something that needed to be rectified sooner rather than later, especially if Chandra did not want to find themself on a forced vacation much like Doctor Mercer had been.

The fact that they were even thinking about a vacation said a great deal as well.

All of that, of course, was small fries compared to the uneasy energy that had settled within Crystal City. Though their powers of sensing were not as powerful as Saariyah's--or Doctor Mercer's, who seemed to have flourish under Healer's tutelage--they could tell that something had made its home within the city.

Just what it was, however ...

Well, that they could not tell for sure but they certainly did not like it. As long as things stayed quiet, did not further tip in the favor of the Dark Alliance, they could take the time necessary to figure it out.

Which was why they had not put off the request for a meeting from one of the Outer Guardians; Layla Dawson, Guardian Pluto. Having taken the time to get a quick shower and a change of clothes in after their training session with [Queen Fireball], Chandra's hair was still a little damp as they entered the Great Hall.

A hand raised and flicked in greeting towards Layla when they caught sight of her, coming to a halt nearby and adjusting the sleeves of their stylish outfit (they did enjoy erring towards the more androgynous clothing these days) before speaking.

"... you wanted to speak with me?" they inquired, a friendly smile given.

played by Rated Em they/he pronouns 24 posts 1 threads

Crystal Empire
36years
She/Herpronouns
Astrologist occupation
Sailor Pluto alter-ego

Layla was sure she understood the fatigue that came with chasing a princess and making sure that certain comrades did not behave out of turn, considering she had to do that even with Neo Queen Serenity and some of her own peers. It was a wonder that the two did not come to a realization of how similar they were, but then again it explained the brief infatuation that was present between Star Fighter and Cynthia from back when they were younger as it was a fond reminder of how the two; two being Fireball and Neo Queen Serenity, of course, were similar in more ways than one was willing to give credit for ...at least that was based on the Plutonian's perspective of it all when she truly sat down and allowed those thoughts to marinated.

Even then, one could just imagine the amount of stress that also added to the abundance of negative connotations that was already present among the Galactica. Her eyes had grown heavy with solace, feeling for the aforementioned faction -- sympathizing with their ache and frustration that came with the hardest part of having to deal with said situation: waiting.

She was, however, sure of one thing though...and that was the fact that these feelings did not limit themselves to just one particular group -- in fact the emotions had spread throughout the entire empire itself; affecting people like Jeremiah, Luna, and Cynthia just to name a few prominent figures out of the many who suffered from the loss of their dear friend/ally.. From the constant overworking and lack of sleep; to the stifled sobs that she may have heard being granted to the silent night whenever she would pass by the garden from Luna herself whenever she would partake in a midnight stroll.

It was sad...truly. A somber moment really..

Her eyes had come to lift at the approaching figure that caught her eyes as her attention had waned from the entrance of the stairway; spotting the calm figure as they made their approach towards the Time Door Guardian -- prompting whatever emotion that was once present to fade away as it was simply time for conversation and it was only natural as an Outer Guardian to not allow any source of emotion to make its presence in the conversation, to only remain neutral to the cause.

Her eyes took note to wander over the attire that Chandra had chosen and simply offered a friendly smile of her own. Those starlights always knew how to dress, no?

"Yes, I did. I know that you've been under a great deal of stress having to deal with everything going on with Saariyah...but I figure I'd approach and see where your head is...I know the Galactica has been..quite unhinged with it all and I was wondering if you would like to chat and vent and maybe we could work on something together that may aid in us getting Saariyah back as a collective whole and perhaps I could confront this Pluto Knight..head on..."

It was true, she still couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that there was in fact such a knight that existed..and it almost made her question things starting with the fact that there was a knight who was running her planet in her absence...when they could've been the time-door guardian... In fact, there were so many things beyond her own personal matters that have come to mind that she chose not to express since Nehellenia was purified and the man behind Saariyah's corruption was welcomed into the Empire with open arms... but that was a conversation for much later though... even if the possibility existed of it happening sooner rather than later..

Galactica
37years
they/them/theirpronouns
Ambassador occupation
Starlightpowers

Their eyebrow raised upward, especially at the Plutonian's remark about stress but otherwise did not immediately say anything, Of the trio, Chandra was the best at hiding just how much stress they were truly under. So if it was showing they probably had even more cause for concern than they already did.

"Unhinged is both an understatement and overstatement but only because it depends on which Galactica you are speaking of," replied Chandra with a shake of their head.

"I am certainly not opposed to hearing your thoughts on the matter regarding Saariyah. Unfortunately, she has become more and more paranoid and sightings of her outside of Elysion are fewer and fewer because of it. Any attempts at retrieval have gone poorly as a consequence." They considered Layla for a moment, thinking on what else to say before letting out a breath.

"The situation you Outer Guardians have with your knights is ... interesting. Others within the Galactica have their Knights but we Starlights do not." Their expression turned to one of wry amusement. "Mostly because I believe we function as both Knight and Sailor Guardian for our Queen and moons."

Another beat passed before Chandra let out a small huff of breath, a near laugh. "I will warn you that I am terrible at venting. Both Saariyah and Youko are more likely to do such things but I will give it my best effort."

Crystal Empire
36years
She/Herpronouns
Astrologist occupation
Sailor Pluto alter-ego

Was it not supposed to be evident by the intellectual that one of their colleagues had been held captive? It had always been just the three of them for the longest before Coronis and the others came into play, so she figured it had to be incredibly difficult emotionally for Chandra to handle their duties and function as a temporary duo with Youko; considering the three had grown to be like...family if you will? She could only imagine how that would've panned out had it been her and Alexis functioning as a duo in the absence of Pandora who was potentially held captive, visuals of the woman's aggressive nature coming into play as full lips came to pinch together in an expressionless line. It was disturbing, intense, and also heart-breaking to think about whenever the ordeal came to mine and she secretly shuddered at the thought of something ever happening to Pandora or even Bei'ai... But let's not formulate ideas, shall we? It was a great cause for concern, even if Chandra hardly expressed their feelings; it wasn't as though the quiet ones did not experience it and needless to say, the Plutonian related greatly.

"I'm sure that it is both an understatement and an overstatement. I'm speaking about all of you if you needed clarity as to whom I'm referring to. No one within the Crystal Empire is an exception to the effects that Saariyah's absence has left behind but I figure since you all worked closely...the intensity weighs heavier on you than it does for us in some ways." Her tone was soft and empathic in nature as her eyes fell shut while processing the very details behind Kakyuu's behavior which made her heartache for the other woman's sorrow. "And it has. I'm sure that even those failed attempts have formed some sense of guilt among the Kingdom...and frustrations are rising as well."

Her eyes did open at the mention of the Knights and simply shifted her gaze back towards Chandra as that seems as though the rest of their members had received the intel packet and of course, this was the first she was actually given the floor to discuss her thoughts and feelings about the matter. "I also believe it was the same for us as Outer Guardians as well...at least that is the assumption I gathered in my own mind. I'm also sure that even the Inners felt the same...so this...newfound information is something." She admits before canting her head to the side a moment. "Though I can only speak for myself personally as I was confined to the time door, I never knew anything of this knight, and needless to say, father was always busy, and never did we have time for a discussion. Let alone one about a Knight." It was the look on her face when mentioning Chronos himself that brought about an ache that she had long since buried deep within her core, reminiscing on the lack of relationship there was between the two as her gaze seemed distant, glossy.

"Hmmm? You don't have to warn me, I've picked it up based on how this conversation is going now. Expressing your emotions is something that's probably a long-standing battle or either unimportant to you." Those words came shortly after the brief silence that captivated her voice after mentioning the topic of her own father. "But doing your best is better than doing nothing at all." A small smile managed to form behind those words, brightening a little. "...But I also understand as I, too, have a little bit of difficulty expressing my own thoughts and emotions as I'm so used to being quiet and to myself, I've hardly the need to do so..." Something that was probably noted as Pandora and Alexis was the two most vocal members out of the Outer Quartet, with Layla choosing to remain in the background with Bei as even the young Saturnian would find herself being vocal at times too. It was something that just simply worked in their dynamic and it wasn't as if Layla disagreed with some of the thoughts that were shared, considering the four worked like a well-oiled machine.

Galactica
37years
they/them/theirpronouns
Ambassador occupation
Starlightpowers

Chandra's eyebrows rose, though mostly in faint amusement. "No, no clarity needed as I was also speaking of everyone within the Galactica." At least when it came to the entire understatement/overstatement business. "Though ..." Their head tilted curiously to the side, really looking at Layla for a moment. "I suppose outside of those Saariyah was closest to," her fellow Starlights, Pandora, Jeremiah, Luna, and Nasir, "I am surprised to hear others might be as gravely impacted."

The truth of the matter was that Saariyah was as prickly as they came; the individuals she got along with were few and far between, so the idea that she might have made more friends within the Crystal Empire that they were unaware of was news. "Not that I doubt the sincerity and drive to rescue her in the slightest, only that surly is the polite way to describe Saariyah on her nicer days." There were those within the Galactica that did not like her and had not been surprised to know she had been captured and taken, among other ill thoughts. The only saving grace was that the Galactica was, much like the Crystal Empire, an extended family of sorts, and thus to attack one of them was to attack them all.

"The guilt has been a heavy weight on many," they said, voice taking on a more subdued tone. "I can see it in both Luna and Doctor Mercer especially. There is no doubt in my mind, however, that it is through our combined efforts that we will bring her home."

Speaking of the Planetary Knights, however, Chandra was at a loss. "I would imagine that if you truly want to know about the Knights for your Outer Guardians, that you would be best approaching the purified Saturn Knight. His knowledge seems rather extensive, which is a surprise given that reincarnation does not seem to be kind to your memories."

They shook their head again, mostly at Layla's response about emotions, and offered a charming smile. "It is not so much that it is unimportant but that I am the grounding force for those closest to me." Meaning not only their fellow Starlights but [Queen Fireball] as well. "Though some of that is born of innate personality and the rest is innate power." Which is something that had surely been noticed: Chandra's presence was calming as if simply being around them eased tensions just a little.

Crystal Empire
36years
She/Herpronouns
Astrologist occupation
Sailor Pluto alter-ego

"Why would you be surprised? I suppose the fact that we didn't always see eye-to-eye plays a role in the astonishment and of course, I can't forget that we also have a rule that we honored for years when it came to those who invaded the planetary system as it was placed there for many years by the Late Former Queen Matriarch Serenity herself." She explained casually as her eyes followed the head tilt to the side. "I don't blame you if such reasons were the case, if not? I suppose it would be because of the lack of emotion that we present upon ourselves when it comes to certain situations. Which is also understandable as well...and the lack of good behavior from Saariyah as she was often..hm..very expressive when it came down to the feelings that she felt in that exact moment." After finishing that train of thought, she allowed herself a moment's pause as the words that she said in response to Chandra's statement while also taking the time to absorb their own.

"The point of the matter is, we are all comrades at the end of the day. And I suppose as Cynthia might say? We're a family too. Family doesn't necessary always see eye-to-eye but we do care about one another and we own it to each other to protect our space at all cost." Something that she found herself having to learn during her earlier years when Cynthia was just a princess and learning the truth behind her existence. "And I feel as though we did not do enough to protect Saariyah, ultimately failing [Queen Fireball] and you and the Galactica as a collective." She admitted. "And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way, which is evident by Luna and Doctor Mercer's behavior." She paused a moment as her final thought was impending. "And I agree, we will bring her home and that is why we're working just as hard as you and the others are..as this happened in our territory and thus serves as a more heavier priority to make sure that she is returned safely to ease everyone's nerves and to return to the true focus at hand: The Dark Alliance and the mysteries behind the Planetary Knights."

However, there was a faint smile that came as quick as it went; offering a solemn nod to the expression that rolled off the other's tongue as there was a bit of advice given to her about the Planetary Knight. "I agree, and as far as the Saturn Knight is concerned...I believe a conversation will be had at some point. All of this hasn't exactly been easy for me nor the others to absorb but I suppose you could say we're dealing as best as we can." She took a breath before continuing her line of thought, even making sure to add in her thoughts about the reincarnation part as well. "I do agree, I believe that it is very interesting to see that their reincarnation process was different than those of the Inner's...even more so to the degree that I'm led to believe that there's more that meets the eye here. I can't say much because even I'm still processing what little knowledge I do have and the questions I may form in due time before I can get the opportunity to speak to this man respectfully." Of course, that last part was a self-note as she was sure that his stay at the castle thus far hadn't been too kind, especially when so many are aware of the deeds committed by the Saturnian and of course? The sheer lack of trust that was ever so present in almost everyone's demeanor; some more than others.

Her eyes eventually met Chandra's own as she listened to every dedicated syllable and word before bowing her head in respect to the Starlight. "Trust me when I say that I understand as I do feel like I have to play that role myself with the others a time or two. I just believe that now it's imperative more than ever that we stick together...and that I offer that same shoulder of support for you all, even if you stand as the grounding force for your own family." She mused. "You are never alone...I do not think that it is unimportant to you, I just believe that you have maintained the position of making yourself a pillar to those who need it most and that is commendable." Her head rose so that she could make eye contact once more. "But even those who are strong as a mountain tend to have cracks in their foundation and may need a bit of time for repair and reconstruction. Thus, you are no exception to such a rule or rather an opinion...in this case."