Eternal
Eternal is a Sailor Moon roleplay set the fictional Crystal Empire territories in the United States. We’re a plot and character driven site set after Sailor Moon Stars, during the rise of the Crystal Empire. The deities who governed the planets in the Silver Millennium are beginning to return as magic is slowly making itself known once more to humans. We’re rated L3/S3/V3, use real life face claims, and have been ongoing since July 10th, 2018.

Late March 2031 - April 2031

(Invitation) tell me a story

Crystal Empire
36years
They/them, She/Herpronouns
Security Chief occupation
Sailor Uranus alter-ego
Skypowers

While Alexis had managed to start carving out time to spend just with her wife, the more times she opted not to stay for overtime the more she realized how much she'd let her work get in the way of all her relationships. True, they all saw each other at the palace and there was always those little moments of small talk between everything else going on. But. Her family deserved more than that.

The only problem was that Layla had become a bit of an elusive figure among the Empire these days, though she understood why. No doubt she felt the same subtle shift that had her and Pandora concerned. Cynthia and the others didn't seem to notice it, which was not surprising but they were also busy dealing with having both Leandro and Catherine as part of the Empire. Truthfully that seemed to be stressing everyone.

But right now all of that could wait for a few hours. Alexis made her way down the wide crystalline halls and corridors until she found herself in the library. That was a likely place to find Layla, nose deep in a book among the rows and rows of shelves.

played by curlycrown She/Her pronouns 48 posts 5 threads

Crystal Empire
36years
She/Herpronouns
Astrologist occupation
Sailor Pluto alter-ego
Time, Space, Darkness, and the Underworldpowers

It was a common feeling among all four of the Outer Guardians when it came down to the situation involving Nehellenia and Mitra in general -- something that she was for certain would be understandable by her fellow mavericks more than anything; the four carrying a level of air about them that never left during their time at their respective planets and/or roles. Something that was a little hard for Layla personally found hard to break over the years. She was so loyal to the Crystal Empire and the wishes of Queen Serenity that it was evident that a sacrifice involving her own life was not out of the question...and needless to say, it was evident that it took some heavy hands to shift the mentality Layla carried towards those who were deemed intruders over the years, those heavy hands belonging to the current Queen herself.

It did not bother her that there were little to no conversations involved now in comparison to how they were when their beloved Sailor Saturn was an adolescent; finding that this was something to be expected for them. Honestly, it was fun while it lasted but duty often called and it often made a priority of some of the smaller things -- even if said small thing held its own sense of importance but from a different perspective.

Layla was in fact, reading a book as expected from the Plutonian -- her eyes scanning the text casually as those brows of hers were knitted together in deep thought as there was a swirl of questions beginning to plague her mind in a way that answers could not even begin to conceive; something that frustrated her beyond explanation. This moment was disrupted by the soft sounds of footsteps as her gaze broke away from the text and glanced towards the corner; eying the approaching figure as a smile was slowly beginning to materialize over those features and almond-shaped eyes soon began to soften.

"...I take it you were looking for me, Alexis?"

played by Sunnie She/Her pronouns 55 posts 2 threads

Crystal Empire
36years
Sailor Uranus alter-ego
Skypowers

"I hope I didn't interrupt you too deep into your book." Alexis leaned on the back of the chair across from Layla, trying to get a good look at the title. Though Alexis wasn't one to read for pleasure, it always interested her to see what sort of books Layla read. It seemed as if there were something on her mind other than the book she had in her hands. Frankly that wasn't at all surprising. The recent happenings had thrown them all for a loop.

Alexis could see it clear on her expression. They'd all spent too long together for even the subtlest changes of expression in one of them to be noticed by the others. No doubt beyond the immediate concerns the feeling that hung in the air weighed on Layla, too. Alexis was curious if the Plutonian might have a different insight that she and Pandora had not yet considered.

But truly, this was more of a social call than a need for serious discussion. They'd all had too much of that on their plates. "I actually thought we might catch up for a bit. It's been too long since we've all had an opportunity to see each other. Heaven knows I've been keeping myself a little too busy these days." Alexis smiled and came around to sit herself in the empty chair. Was it too much of an intrusion? "How have you been holding up?"

Crystal Empire
36years
She/Herpronouns
Astrologist occupation
Sailor Pluto alter-ego

Layla started off with a head shake in response to the notion that she was interrupting anything before speaking. "Oh no, no, no. You're fine, Alexis." She remarked as her eyes studied the other's own for a moment before directing her attention to her own book that was in hand; thumbing the page so that she could keep track of where she left off before closing it so that she could sit it on the round table next to her. The book apparently was one on the romance side; It ends with us being its title. The feminine found herself reading books of all varieties, believing that this was not only serving as a major purpose for entertainment but also nourishes the mind as well; something that she believes worked in her favor when she needed a moment of reprieve.

However, book reading aside. It was evident that Layla has concerns; some of which weighed heavily on her, especially considering this whole business with Nether Moon and Saturn Knight coming into the picture. It would also be fair to note that she was cautious of them all and was debating entertaining the idea of having a conversation but at what cost? She was weary of them in some way, shape, or form. But it also didn't help that she wasn't exactly prepared to have a conversation with them...just yet. She needed time to spare her mind of the anxiety and emotional overload that often served as a catalyst for one to get their words jumbled up or even say something that was not intended to be said.

"I've been holding up about as well as one could be.. I've just been observing and maintaining my place in the background...trying to make sense of everything...on top of the fact that...I'm trying to learn more about this mysterious Pluto Knight whom I've never encountered before...at least not to my recollection." She remarked before canting her head to the side. "What about you? How have you been holding up?" She inquired as her attention remained focused on the Uranian, a soft smile arising upon those features of hers. "Have you and Pandora been well?"

Crystal Empire
36years
Sailor Uranus alter-ego
Skypowers

"I've been holding up alright considering everything going on." Alexis offers a short nod and sits down in the chair caddy-corner to Layla's. "Pandora is just as apprehensive about the situation as all of us. The tension in the Palace is going to have to break sometime." Nevermind the part about her being the cause of some of said tension with Saturn Knight.

Alexis swept her short hair away from her face, leaning forward  in the chair. "Everything seems so strange and in flux. A new Moon Kingdom, new allies from multiple sources….I'm sure you have plenty of thoughts about our visitors from the future." She was surprised Layla didn't know. Or, if she had she'd done a damn good job of keeping it a secret. The rules of the timestream were something only Layla understood and for good reason.

"If each planet has a Knight, I don't remember anything about one on Uranus either. But with Leandro here I guess that suggests they're out there somewhere." She rests a hand on her chin, considering all of that. "If they have been corrupted by the Dark Alliance they're likely to show themselves at some point. Especially now that the stakes are higher. I just wonder why I can't remember them."

She looks up at Layla, a new concern pinching her expression. "What are your thoughts on the new Moon Kingdom and the Nethermoon? They seem to be keeping to themselves, which suits me alright for now." It was deeper than that of course. They didn't seem like a security risk but it was unnerving to know they were there. Not to mention the strange feeling that lingered in the air after Hecate's ascension. Alexis wondered if Layla might have any extra insight.

Crystal Empire
36years
She/Herpronouns
Astrologist occupation
Sailor Pluto alter-ego

Most of the information that was being unloaded upon Layla from Alexis's lips was slowly running through her mind; its cogs churning like a well-oiled machine as her eyes shifted to meet the woman's own while silence continued to consume her. It was something that was often seen in the Plutonian as she was not only choosing to deliberate her responses but also take in information and read the room as well as one would say. Her eyes fell shut while her feminine frame leaned back against the seat of which she sat in; the book that was in front of her gently closed as the focus had now made a transition from the love of romance to now the serious topic at hand involving her comrades as well as the kingdom and its allies as a collective.

Her lips pinched together while watching Alexis's body language, studying it carefully as the woman casually swept her hair away from her face in mid-conversation and even leaned forward -- hinting that this was bothering her more than she was willing to admit to as the woman was always known for being the strong and the fearless one, at least from her viewpoint anyway. A soft rumble of laughter etched her throat as the mentioning of their visitors from the future came up as the revelation was one that didn't exactly surprise her at all. She just simply chose to keep quiet as such revelations could hinder the current setting of time..at that moment and to what degree was unknown to her... She simply couldn't afford the risk nor did they as she had witnessed some strange things in the past that she was trying to avoid as it served its consequence to near-catastrophic measures. She also had to uphold her duty to the best she could, even if [Neo Sailor Moon] would rightfully defy those laws for the sake of saving the world, which often did some harm with good depending on the situation at hand.

Then there was the mentioning of the Planetary Knights, the Plutonian specifically focusing on her own as it made her eyes narrow in suspicion while thoughts unraveled in the mind that she simply couldn't put an answer to because she had no knowledge to go by - which only made things frustrating for her and more eager for answers than she was willing to admit to herself. But it was the mere fact that her planet had a Knight at all? It was also the fact that there were hidden details surrounding this as It was a question as to whether or not this knight was appointed by her father? Did it occur after she was sent away? Did he just toss her to the side for the sake of trying to find someone who was..better suited to handle things than she was? So many questions, yet not enough answers...

That train of thought was eventually broken by her comrade's inquiry about her own thoughts to which she replied. "My thoughts on the New Moon and the Nether Moon Kingdom are just like the same as yours." She'd focus her attention directly on the Uranian. "I know this is incredibly disturbing as it is for Pandora as it is for me, I'm sure. This revelation of Nehellenia being the aunt of Cynthia and now holding reigns over the Moon Kingdom is stirring more questions than I already had and I intend to get answers for them as nothing makes sense to me at this very moment. I refuse to believe that our former Queen would absent-mindedly disregard this information to us nor do I believe that we'd be forced to believe that she was even an enemy, to begin with...I feel as though there's something more to this story and we just don't have the knowledge of what it is." She'd quietly smile as the topic of New Moon came up. "I did not speak anything of the New Moon's matters because I warned her that this would be detrimental to her future...which...I did not realize the true intentions behind [Neo Sailor Moon] being here until she had a conversation with me..." She muttered as the thoughts of what she was told was troubling, to say the least, her words even trailing off momentarily as that conversation replayed in her mind. "And Saturn Knight? My concerns are the same as yours as I know we have to abide by the Queen's rule, considering she deemed him an ally due to his purification. I can't help but remain uneasy because he is responsible for Saariyah's captivity and..given the discomfort [Saturn] expressed in the meeting...there has to be some tension present between the two that e[i]ven we're unfortunately not privy to." She mused, her eyes growing solemn to this mentioning fact. "And while it may suit you fine that we're separate like this...it serves us no good as a team requires all hands on deck and all of the pieces in tandem to work accordingly if we're going to fight the Alliance head-on."[/i] Those very eyes turned back towards Alexis as there was a brief pause to allow those words to sink in.

"We cannot afford any more complications and the further we are apart? The weaker we will appear to the enemy. I agree that the tension has to break at some point...and I know it will take time...but what better time to start...than now? That is the only way we will, unfortunately, be able to come together...no matter how much we may not agree with it because we still abide by the old principles laid before us as the foundation of the Outer guardians.." She frowned some. "....and for these Planetary Knights to be deep-rooted in corruption...? There is no telling how long they have been that way...and there's no telling why we were never made aware of them..but I'll agree there's a deeper story here...and it may be up to us to uncover that..."