Eternal
Eternal is a Sailor Moon roleplay set the fictional Crystal Empire territories in the United States. We’re a plot and character driven site set after Sailor Moon Stars, during the rise of the Crystal Empire. The deities who governed the planets in the Silver Millennium are beginning to return as magic is slowly making itself known once more to humans. We’re rated L3/S3/V3, use real life face claims, and have been ongoing since July 10th, 2018.

Late March 2031 - April 2031

(Invitation) listen to the past, the future
Tag: Elijah // March 4th?, 2031

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego
Light, Purificationpowers

Irk.

Cynthia hadn’t considered before that Lady might have told him about what had happened. The mention of embarrassment was a sign that he probably knew, she and Endymion had their features totally flushed! Really, Cynthia was surprised that the future Endymion even considered telling them both who their daughter was back then.

She supposed she saw a reason for it, but was it wise if it wasn’t what Guardian Cosmos wanted? Cynthia wondered what sort of future they would have had if they hadn’t encountered the little Lady. She was glad that they all did, even now.

“You’ve heard the story before, haven’t you?” Cynthia grumbled, stare disgruntled.

“And you seem really tempted to tell me, so if you’re going to, tell me!” She huffed. 

@Elijah Mitchell
played by Vii She/her pronouns 430 posts 50 threads

Future Moon
21years
He/Himpronouns
Author occupation
Neo Moon Knight alter-ego
Light/Stars/Moonpowers

Eli looked down and kicked at the ground with his toe.  “I asked [Princess Lady Serenity] about it before we came here and she told me.”  He was trying to figure out if or when he should tell his dads about the future.  He’d asked them for advice since they knew themselves best, but they’d told him to trust that he’d know what to do when the time came.  It was the worst advice ever.  It didn’t help him at all.

“You mean, you haven’t already figured it out?”  He asked.  It was a little surprising because he’d always been told he was just like his dads.  So for someone so close to him to not figure it out by now?  Maybe keeping it quiet wasn’t such a bad thing.  “Besides, you said you didn’t want to know.” He was honestly a little confused about that.

@Cynthia Lunette
played by Dragon He/Him pronouns 51 posts 4 threads

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego

“That’s really not fair,” Cynthia said with a huff. It was embarrassing at how open Lady was to what happened back then! Didn’t she know how to keep a little thing like that a secret? Apparently not!

Though Cynthia did know that she was much different now than in the future. She didn’t consider herself as mature as she was in the future, and truthfully…she was relieved! She didn’t want to imagine all of the experiences that may have led her to become that mature – the image of a true queen.

Irk.

Cynthia subtly twitched at his remark. Was it really that obvious? “Eheh, no,” Cynthia admitted, a little embarrassed.

A low groan escaped her lips as he continued to believe what she had said previously. “Geez, don’t you know not to take me so seriously? Of course I want to know, but ugh! All of these space-time laws are so aggravating!!”

@Elijah Mitchell

Future Moon
21years
He/Himpronouns
Author occupation
Light/Stars/Moonpowers

Eli raised an eyebrow at the queen’s comment over the fairness. He wasn’t sure what that meant, but he wasn’t sure it was something he necessarily wanted to get into debating with the queen, so he let it go for the moment.

He blinked at her when the queen admitted that she couldn’t tell who his fathers were. “I just…” He snapped his mouth closed for a moment and frowned. “I’m just a little surprised because your future self often reminded me how much I’m like my fathers.” Truthfully, it was more than a little surprising since he’d started wearing contacts to help keep others from being able to guess who his parents were. He supposed he should be glad it was working, but why did he feel disappointed instead?

“You wouldn’t be able to tell anyone that you know. Would you be able to handle that?” He asked. He wasn’t trying to be difficult, but he also wasn’t sure he wanted his dads knowing before he was ready for them to.

@Cynthia Lunette

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego

When Elijah mentioned her future self, Cynthia’s shoulders lowered just a little bit. She remembered briefly how her relationship with Lady started, how shocked she was on how different she was from her future self. After having encountered her briefly, even seeing her briefly, she understood why she may have felt inferior – even she did.

“I’m not my future self,” Cynthia pointed out. “I’m still clumsy, not perfect, and still very social and outgoing. I’ve learned to respect who I am and not follow someone else’s expectations of me, that's why I can transform into Sailor Moon now and my future self probably can't. The more that Lady spent here, the more she began to realize that too – and she grew from it!”

She was proud of her even if she didn’t say it often. She saw her grow into a full-fledged Sailor Guardian!

“I-I mean,” Cynthia began as she contemplated on his question. “I’m really not socializing too much with my Inner Guardians…but I don’t know if I can completely promise not keeping it a secret from your fathers.” If the secret was too good, she wasn’t very good at keeping a straight face.

@Elijah Mitchell

Future Moon
21years
He/Himpronouns
Author occupation
Light/Stars/Moonpowers

Eli’s mouth dropped open as he heard the rant coming out of the queen’s mouth. He hadn’t meant to imply any of that and he suddenly regretted everything he’d said. “I’m sorry, that’s not what I…” He put his arm across his chest with his fist positioned directly over his heart and bowed his head. “Forgive me, my Queen. I didn’t intend for my words to be a reflection on you, but on me. I’ve been wondering if I’m really that much like them or if it’s just one of those things people say when they don’t know what else to say.”

He lifted his head to look at her. “My dads are so…” He sighed, unable to find the right words. “I’ve got big shoes to fill if I ever want to come anywhere close to doing as well as them.” He hated admitting how inadequate he felt, but if there was ever a time he needed to, it was now.

“I guess I probably shouldn’t say anything more then. I’m not ready for them to know just yet.” He admitted with a deep breath. His dads were too close to the queen. He shouldn’t risk them finding out like this.

@Cynthia Lunette

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego

“It’s okay,” Cynthia insisted, “But if you’re going to live here, it’s Cynthia.” In her perspective, the Future Moon were among the Crystal Empire family – Elijah included – and she wasn’t going to have it any other way.

“You know something,” Cynthia began, reminiscing about Lady. “If you’re wondering who you’re like with that train of thought, you’re just like Lady; and if you’re having that thought process, you’ll grow to be your own person. They’ll be proud of you no matter what.”

Even as Lady endured her corruption through Chaos way back then, she knew for a fact that she and Endymion were still proud and loved her so much. They just wanted to protect her and show her the way.

“The path that you lead is also your own, and if what Lady tells me about the future is true, you are already filling those shoes well. You’re on a mission for the greater good.” That was what mattered. It wasn’t a selfish act.

“When you’re ready, it will be okay.” She said reassuringly. 

@Elijah Mitchell

Future Moon
21years
He/Himpronouns
Author occupation
Light/Stars/Moonpowers

Eli smirked at her request to call her Cynthia. “Alright.” He couldn’t help thinking about her future self and how different the two queens were.

“Thanks.” He smiled at all of what she said about the person he was becoming and how proud his dads would be. “I’m starting to see why my dads are always so loyal and supportive of you and King Endymion.” Not to say that there wasn’t enough in their history that showed she was a queen worthy of loyalty and support, but he was starting to see on a personal level why his dads were faithful to supporting her.

“I do want to tell them eventually. I’m just not sure that now is the best time.” He still didn’t want to do anything stupid like end up keeping them apart because he’d told them they’d get together eventually. He also didn’t want them to just end up getting together because they thought they were supposed to. They were both stubborn enough that they’d ignore their feelings out of a sense of duty.

@Cynthia Lunette

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego

Cynthia was relieved to hear that he would agree to call her Cynthia. She knew that it was going to  be an adjustment, but she needed to be firm that she wasn’t her future self – starting with her name and title was appropriate.

Cynthia’s baby blues fluttered at Elijah’s dads’ thought opinion. The more that he began to talk about them, the more that she began to wonder, but tried her hardest to not place names and potential faces. The smile remained on her features.

“We do try our best to do what’s right,” Cynthia replied. “Even if the pros of the outcome may not seem clear in the beginning, change can be for the best.” She was also the soldier of love and justice, and she would stand by that no matter what!

“If time is your concern, I would give them time,” Cynthia mused. “But I think if you know your dads like you do, you’ll know when the time is appropriate to tell them.”

@Elijah Mitchell

Future Moon
21years
He/Himpronouns
Author occupation
Light/Stars/Moonpowers

Eli grinned when the queen mentioned that they all tried to do what was right. “I was raised right here in your court, well, close enough I suppose. You’ve always been a shining example of that and I don’t think I’d be the same person without it.” It was hard to think that he’d even be there today if it weren’t for her. It was because of her that his dads were welcomed into the court and if that hadn’t happened, who knows if he’d even have still been alive. He certainly doubted that he’d have become the Neo Moon Knight.

“I just don’t want to tell them and realize after the fact that I should have waited or not told them at all.” He still didn’t know if they’d want to know whether he was their future kid. The king and queen were uniquely qualified to give him advice there because as far as he was aware, they were the only ones that actually had experience with someone turning up and saying they were their kid. Sure, there were stories about that sort of thing, but they were just stories.

@Cynthia Lunette