October 2021 Updates
Staff Team
Welcome to Crystal Empire, USA
The Dark Alliance has faced a divide: Queen Nehellenia has been purified and is now the Goddess and ruler of the Moon. With her purification at the hands of Neo Queen Serenity and Neo Sailor Moon, there is a shift in the wind – Greek deities (original planet rulers), heralds (Sailors/Knights) and Augurs (priest(esses) and consorts) from the past are being revived and Hades has been unsealed.

With the coming of Hades has seen the unsealing of Satre and Hyperion, and the future is now even more uncertain as the ruler of Nemesis has a vendetta against Chronos…and more. The Future Moon have now since reunited with the Crystal Empire, their memories have been restored. Will they be able to save their future that they can no longer return to?

Eternal is a Sailor Moon role play, rated L3/S3/V3 and self-hosted utilizing MyBB, a software identical to JCink. We use Member Profiles for our application process and focus on a story act system. We have a plethora of canons available including many popular ones. We’re set after Sailor Moon, merging the 90s anime, manga, Sailor Moon Crystal into one game. We accept original characters and use real life face claims.
Spring 2031 (March 1st - June 30th)

Mama I'm A Big Girl Now
tag: cynthia // February 2031

Before returning to the future, the last time that Cynthia Lunette had seen her future daughter, it had been a goodbye. It wasn’t a final one, there was always the unspoken bond between the two of them that one day, Princess Lady Serenity would be born. For Cidney, it meant that she would be going back to the future and seeing a version of her mother that was… different, for all intents and purposes, form the one that she was leaving behind. She loved all versions of her mother, but the goodbye to the Cynthia Lunette from the 21st century was final as anything else might’ve been. Cid never could have guessed that she’d be returning to this time, and she never would’ve guessed that she wouldn’t be remembered.

She knew that the guardian Cosmos worked in mysterious ways. It removed the memories of the war with the Black Moon Clan, and it erased her from anything that she had been involved in before. The next time that she saw Cynthia – in her disguise as Serena Rose – she didn’t remember her. Cidney used that to her advantage, forming a bond and a friendship, but there was still something hanging between the two of them that the princess wasn’t entirely fond of. Things were different. Cynthia, Serena, whatever she would prefer to be called in that instance couldn’t be herself with Cidney and Cidney couldn’t be entirely honest with Cynthia, either. And even if they were like sisters when they were younger, they at least were honest.

It felt gross not to be able to be honest with her. It felt weird not to be able to be honest with any of the members of the Crystal Empire apart from Layla, and while Cid wanted to reach out she hadn’t at first been sure that it would be the right option. But then… everything with Nehelenia – no, with Hecate – necessitated it. And once everything was said and done the walls came down as though it were Jericho. It was such a relief. In an instant Cidney didn’t have to hide anymore, she didn’t have to lie, and even if their methods still differed it meant that she could be herself. It meant that she could be honest. It meant that things could go back to a version of the way they were before now.

So… why was she having such an issue actually meeting up with Cynthia in the days since Hecate’s purification? 

She didn’t really know. Maybe it was because things had changed so much now, maybe it had to do with the fact that she didn’t just come out and say it when she had met up with Serena Rose in the Crown Arcade. Maybe it was because she would have to explain what had happened in the future, tell everyone the truth if Layla hadn’t already done that. As much as they had worked to make sure that things were perfect, that they had maintained themselves, and that it failed. They had failed. Maybe it was because the last time that Cynthia remembered seeing Cidney, Cidney had still been the equivalent of thirteen years old, and now she was a fully grown woman.

The truth was that it was probably all of them combined, but it didn’t change the inevitability of the whole situation. And Cid was determined to make the first move. She had surprising amount of sway around the Crystal Palace now, even though the majority of the people working there didn’t know her. It turned out that even when you weren’t in your own timeline being the bearer of the Illusory Rose Crystal – once the Silver Crystal, and the Golden Crystal – you got a lot of sway, and she wouldn’t have doubted if Cynthia and Jason… Mama and Papa… said something about it. So it wasn’t hard to convince the servants to leave the throne room and for the Queensguard to keep their distance so that a conversation could be had.

Cidney walked into the throne room, and straight up to Cynthia.

”Hi… mom.”

(This post was last modified: 01 Aug 2021, 05:50 PM by Cidney Lunette.)
written by Dusk
49 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

Everything was happening so fast, Cynthia felt almost as though her attention had to be split in four different places, if not more. While Cynthia was grateful for the developments that had happened as of late, as it had answered so much and made her feel less insecure about the developments of another Sailor Moon, it had also made her ache once more as she found out yet again that her memories were locked away.

She hated it. She was grateful that with the reveal of hers and Jason’s daughter from the future, Cidney, that they were no longer locked away tight. It made her once more treasure her memories, the times that she had shared with her friends and family and all of her other experiences. It also made her hate herself for all the times that they had to mess around with her parents’ memories, realizing how damaging that was in efforts to protect Cidney’s departure to the future.

Without her memories, she was incomplete. That was certain. She had been struggling with the mere idea that there were things that she’d forgotten during her past life, and while she was trying to reassure herself that that was the past, she still felt as though they were just as important.

Cynthia had found herself in the throne room that day, dealing with all of the arrangements that had to be made and so quickly. That didn’t mean that she didn’t have a moment to spare for her reunited child, though – Cynthia was quick to dismiss her companions in efforts for a break.

“You never called me mom before,” Cynthia teased Cidney, reminding her that she once more remembered who she was. She held out her arms for a hug, and added, “but I’m okay with that. How are you?”

@Cidney Lunette
written by Vii
375 posts
46 threads
hover for triggers

Sometimes it was hard to tell the difference between the Neo Queen Serenity of the 30th and 40th centuries and the one of the 21st, and that was truer now than it used to be. Cynthia looked like she was the same age as the Neo Queen in her timeline, she sounded the same, often acted the same. They even wore the same clothing, at least when they weren’t in public. So she didn’t think about the fact that she’d never really called Cynthia mom before – as far as Cyn knew the two of them were on a first name basis with one another, and that was all that could be asked for. They were more like sisters than mother and daughter.

But Cidney’s actual mom now was gone. It had set in at this point that the entire 40th century was gone by now, at least the version of , and that there was nothing that they could do to get it back when they were probably a large of the reason that something happened to it in the first place. At the same time… there she was, standing right in front of her, looking the same as she did in all of her memories. Cidney was far too willing to pretend, and it was something that bled through when she looked at Cynthia now, like this. She didn’t want to call Neo Queen Serenity Cynthia here. She wanted to reach out, for it to be her mama, for everything to okay.

”Sorry,” Cidney said when Cyn teased her, ”it’s a force of habit. Would you prefer Cynthia? Serena? Serena Rose? Neo Queen Serenity? Jesus… why do you have so many names?” Not that Cidney could talk – she had less but she still had more than most people, and when two of those names were titles more than anything it wasn’t something she liked to talk about overly much. But she met Cynthia’s hug quickly with one of her own, and she held on tight. It was so warm. So familiar. So comfortable. She wasn’t a child anymore, but it was often said that even children melted into their mothers’ hugs.

She wasn’t sure how long she just held it there. She enjoyed it while she had it, but eventually she pulled away and took a deep breath. ”I feel like I owe you an explanation if not an apology. I should’ve told you, but..” She didn’t want to really throw Layla under the bus – but was there another way of doing it? ”In the future… you told me not to say anything to you. Not to let anyone find out.” She paused for a beat, smirking and chuckling as she did. ”I think you were lying. But… When I told Layla – my Layla – that I wanted to say something, she rebuked me.”

written by Dusk
49 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

Irk.

Cynthia’s eyebrows twitched. When Cidney put it like that, Cynthia twitched just a little bit on just how many names she had obtained over the years. Truthfully, she was still fine with Cynthia, but she understood that times were different right now.

“Okay, fine,” Cynthia sighed in defeat, raising her hand. “Mom, mama or Cynthia will be okay.” There was also no point in hiding it now, not when her parents had known who they both were and their pasts in entirety.

Cynthia could understand where her future self was coming from, informing Cidney to not say anything to her and the others. There were laws that weren’t meant to be broken, and time traveling was one of those….especially now that as she recalled, this was around the timeframe that Cidney was meant to be born. Things were meant to take a course for the future that they wanted so dearly.

“Of course I wouldn’t mean it,” Cynthia huffed. “But rules are rules, and I’m sure during your time I’m not as flexible~! Do you know how many times I’ve gotten yelled at by Layla for trying to go against Lunarian Queen norms? I happened to regain my power as Sailor Moon by scolding her, you know~!” While Cynthia was harsh on Layla, and that harshness carried into her tone, Cynthia knew that Layla was only doing what she knew best: her job. Following the laws that she had to follow for centuries.

“But I’m glad that you did do what you had to do. I’m glad that the Sailor Moon that we were chasing turned out to be you, and not some imposter~! I was freaking out about that, but you gave me the courage to try and transform once more.” It was the truth; without Cidney’s appearance as Sailor Moon, Cynthia wasn’t sure if she would have even tried.

@Cidney Lunette
written by Vii
375 posts
46 threads
hover for triggers

”I’ll go with whatever feels right at the time,” Cid said with a chuckle. There were times that Cynthia was simply more of herself than she was Neo Queen Serenity, and other times where she was more of the Neo Queen than Cynthia. But who knew what went as a rule in the current timeline now – back home she had never become Sailor Moon again, on top of anything that had changed. Regardless of their DNA this version of the Neo Queen was never going to be her version, something that ate at the back of Cidney’s mind, and yet… A part of her was still comfortable, so she shoved it off.

Was this version of Cynthia more rigid with rules than the one that raised her? Cidney pursed her lips and made a face when that was thrown out there, adding a shrug to go with it for effect. ”I think it’s more that you ended up learning how to do things a bit more coyly.” She nudged her future mother gently and playfully with her elbow. ”You couldn’t exactly do some of the things that you were comfortable with when you have eyes looking at you at all times. Trust me, that’s something I know fairly well.” She wasn’t watched as much as her mother, but it was still something that she had to deal with. Especially closer to when she left.

Cidney paused, though, when Cynthia mentioned that she was directly to blame – or to thank – for her making the decision to attempt to transform again. She blinked, cheeks flushing; was it embarrassing or was she touched? She couldn’t entirely tell. ”I…” She said, pausing after the word, but then shaking her head. ”That wasn’t entirely my intention but I can’t say that I’m unhappy with the outcome. You’re an entirely different person when you’re Sailor Moon.” She meant that literally; it was, again, the clear difference between this Neo Queen and the Neo Queen of the 40th century.

”I couldn’t just stand by and watch as time quakes kept happening. The future was changing before my eyes, and the truth is that it’s probably changed even more since we came back. I can’t imagine that Chronos is very happy with me.” She wasn’t going to mention the reality of what had happened to Cynthia – the fact that everything was gone and they didn’t have a chance to go back anymore. That was something that could come up later, or something that Layla could tell her on her own. Right now it was just a time for them to bond and to get things back to the way that they were.

written by Dusk
49 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

The subject of being a mother to Cidney had left Cynthia also realizing that when they were younger, they addressed each other in more of a sibling manner. Cynthia wondered how her own mother and father would have taken to the change despite already being knowledgeable.

It was hard not to feel a little guilty about keeping her true relationship with Cidney a secret over the years.

“Okay, fine,” Cynthia agreed. There was no helping it, and she wasn’t going to force it when it still seemed odd to her.

“I’m a different person in that future too, I think,” Cynthia murmured as she placed an index finger against her chin, momentarily reminiscing about her memories of her future self. “I know what you mean though. That’s why lately, I’ve been firm with the fact that I am not just Neo Queen Serenity. I am still Cynthia Lunette, and that makes me happier. I wasn’t born a royal like people think I should have been. Which brings me to you, and how you were born one.”

While Cynthia would have liked to say that they lived drastically different childhoods, Cynthia also believed that that wasn’t necessarily true. She did live under her room for quite some time.

“I’m grateful for your intervention,” Cynthia informed her. “I wasn’t happy when I wasn’t Sailor Moon. It’s strange, isn’t it? You think that you’d enjoy a life where you’re not meant to transform, but…I felt really lost.”

Cynthia remained silent as Cidney told her what she was experiencing in her future. She closed her eyes, wondering if that was also the future that they fought so desperately to keep when they were younger. Or was it this one? Regardless of which one it was, Cynthia realized that there was a high chance that there was likely they weren’t going to be able to return to it.

Too much had changed.

“We shouldn’t care what Chronos thinks,” Cynthia thought aloud. “We need to do what’s right for our future, our people, and to keep them safe at all costs. I think you did the right thing, but you’ll realize that it may come with a price.”

@Cidney Lunette
written by Vii
375 posts
46 threads
hover for triggers