Act 7, the Return of the Pantheon.
Staff Team
Welcome to Crystal Empire, USA
The Dark Alliance has faced a divide: Queen Nehellenia has been purified and is now the Goddess and ruler of the Moon. With her purification at the hands of Neo Queen Serenity and Neo Sailor Moon, there is a shift in the wind – Greek deities (original planet rulers), heralds (Sailors/Knights) and Augurs (priest(esses) and consorts) from the past are being revived and Hades has been unsealed.

With the coming of Hades has seen the unsealing of Satre and Hyperion, and the future is now even more uncertain as the ruler of Nemesis has a vendetta against Chronos…and more. The Future Moon have now since reunited with the Crystal Empire, their memories have been restored. Will they be able to save their future that they can no longer return to?

Eternal is a Sailor Moon role play, rated L3/S3/V3 and self-hosted utilizing MyBB, a software identical to JCink. We use Member Profiles for our application process and focus on a story act system. We have a plethora of canons available including many popular ones. We’re set after Sailor Moon, merging the 90s anime, manga, Sailor Moon Crystal into one game. We accept original characters and use real life face claims.
March 2031, Spring

(Invitation)  living in this house of cards
Tag: Saariyah // January 30th, 2031

Everyone within the Crystal Palace was on edge. The reason why was an obvious one when those who called Elysion their homeland were out of sorts. Leandro was playing it cool, purposely making sure he stayed out of the sight of certain individuals.

Oh, he did not think he could be found out--not yet at least--but he was always careful. All it would take was one off day, one moment that he let up just a little, and it would come tumbling down.

Thankfully he did not really have to be anywhere near the Crystal Palace today. No, all he had to do was drive Saariyah around (with everything that had happened, no one would begrudge a little retail therapy). The question, he realized, was if Saariyah was going to keep the place she had just acquired.

With a carefully wrapped package and a food container, Leandro drove today’s really nice car to pick up Saariyah. Yet instead of waiting for her to appear, calling her down by saying he had arrived, the man headed up to her new (soon to be old, perhaps?) residence.

There was a quick rap on the door--shave and a haircut--before he heard movement on the other side. “Your driver has arrived, Miss Bhasin,” said Leandro, eyes crinkling at the corners as he smiled, “bearing housewarming gifts before we depart.” (Though perhaps they were just gifts rather than housewarming if she was considering moving back.)

It was better to simply be Leandro on days like this, to put aside Spectrolite and the ghosts that haunted him. He was already compromised enough, to a degree he sometimes questioned more than he wanted to, but there was no deviation from his path.

Not if he wanted to save the people he cared about, the young woman before him included. The only thing that really bothered him was the fact that, in saving them, he was likely going to lose them.

That, Leandro had long since decided, would be worth it.

written by Rated Em
49 posts
13 threads
hover for triggers

Everything had literally collapsed within the past few days, and Saariyah was taking a few moments to de-stress at her own abode. That was after all, why she wanted a place of her own – to get away from the chaotic disaster that was the politics of the Crystal Empire.

She was grateful that Violet had agreed to letting her get a place within Sea King Tower in order to stay closer to the happenings of the palace. It guaranteed that there was a certain level of security within the apartment should her Queen ever choose to stay. Even if she was attempting to de-stress, it didn’t help ease her own tensions being away from her Queen.

Her own exhaustion showed on her features as she engaged in general organization of the apartment. While the apartment was primarily hers, there were touches here and there from her own team when they helped her put things together. The apartment itself was a four bedroom apartment, capable of housing each of them and their Queen should they choose to make it a permanent place.

Her ears perked up slightly the moment she heard the door, her green eyes quickly darting towards it. Typically, if it were an enemy they wouldn’t have knocked, but with everything that was happening Saariyah’s radar was on high alert. So when it was announced that it was actually Mr. Jameson, Saariyah had attempted to ease herself just a bit. She straightened her posture and brushed out any loose hairs from her face.

A housewarming gift?

Saariyah had only briefly become acquainted with the practice and the whole thing still baffled her. Why would you call something housewarming when you could adjust the temperatures of a household? She appreciated the gesture, she had – but the terms used were still perplexing.

Back when she and the Starlights had first arrived at Infinity City, even getting a place of their own during their younger years, they’d done so quietly. She had never heard of the term before until now.

Moving to the door and opening it, Saariyah moved aside to let him in. “You surprised me there for a moment,” Saariyah greeted, gesturing for him to come inside. "But it's good to see you. I'm just finishing up a few things here, so feel free to take a look around."

written by Vii
135 posts
17 threads
hover for triggers

It had started as a loose idea in the back of his mind but the more he took in Saariyah's appearance, especially as the Crystal Empire struggled in response to what had occurred, Leandro realized that it was not so much an idea as it was becoming a plan. The question was of when but that, like all things, would make itself known.

The look on her face at the mention of housewarming had him chuckling softly. "Housewarming," said Leandro, who was used to explaining such things to Saariyah, "stems from days long gone where it genuinely meant housewarming. People would bring firewood as gifts to warm up a new home before central heating was common." He let out a thoughtful hum. "That and it was believed to ward off evil spirits because of both the purifying power of fire and smoke, helping to protect a home."

If only that actually worked, thought Leandro, because then he would not have to deal with a certain aggravating spirit.

"It's only a small succulent garden I found that I thought you might like and some of my mother's cooking." Leandro smiled, coming further inside. "It's fairly spicy, so you might enjoy it." Given free roam to explore, to look around, Leandro did so not he did keep it professional. Besides, he had already noted that the security cameras were outside in the hallways. There were none in the suite itself- Oh, no. That wasn't right, there was one on the entryway.

It was both good and not but Leandro could work around it. Rather, Spectrolite could.

Leandro moved further into the suite, finding a suitable space to set down the package and container that he was holding. "Is there anything you still need help with or have you gotten everything settled?" It was clear where the influence of others was, as not everything was Saariyah's sense of decorum and style. Considering the size of the suite, it made sense.

(A tiny part of himself felt bad that he was considering what he was, to compromise what was a protective space, but it would make things that much easier in the end. She would be safe, after all, and that's what pushed him forward more than anything else.)

written by Rated Em
49 posts
13 threads
hover for triggers

“Such a weird custom,” Saariyah replied, grateful for the additional information. It helped, as while Saariyah was used to being around those of the Crystal Empire, they didn’t provide information as often as she’d have liked.  “But it explains the name.”

Saariyah rolled her eyes at the mention of protecting the home. What, she wondered, did ancient humans put up with? It’d be a topic to discuss with Jeremiah later. “I bet no one who invented that custom could actually see an evil spirit, unless it was a youma,” she teased. “It was probably their own paranoia.”

Knowing from experience, Chaos had its way of manifesting in the strangest of forms. She knew there had to have been some truth to it, but it was still bizarre. “Thank you though,” she said regardless of her own opinions, even grateful at the fact that he remembered she liked spicey food.

“And give your mother my thanks.” …or not, Saariyah briefly considered, as she wasn’t fully aware of what his mother’s opinions were on extraterrestrials. She wasn’t about to hear an earful on that, she’d already been dealing enough.

She paused for a moment after putting away a few knickknacks. “Well, I’ve had a lot of help from my team, so I think everything’s pretty settled in so far – I’m just cleaning up. I left a lot of what I had still at the Crystal Palace since I’ll be going in between. I should be done in a few minutes, I think.”

written by Vii
135 posts
17 threads
hover for triggers

“One might say,” said Leandro, adjusting the gloves on his hands, “that humanity is full of weird customs. My mother still holds to some of the traditions that my grandmother taught her as a child.” There was a snort from Leandro at Saariyah’s teasing, shaking his head.

“I’ve honestly no idea, save for ...” There was a small pause, his focus lifting upward from his gloves. The truth of the matter was that Leandro could not speak for evil spirits but spirits. Perhaps annoying spirits would have been more accurate? If only because of his own and then the other faint specters that he sometimes took note of.

It did not matter.

Leandro tapped each of his fingers one by one to his thumb and then stretched them out. “Save for the stories I grew up on and my own experiences. I do agree, however, that it was likely their own paranoia.” Paranoia, fear, ill feelings ... Those were all things that could be bolstered with just the smallest touch of Chaos, something he knew that had existed since time immemorial.

The same small touch of Chaos that he would see within Saariyah. It was not so hard to do, not with her as much as he was, and with all the free reign to watch and focus as he needed. The gloves he wore ...

Well, those would make certain things easier when the time came. “You’re welcome,” said Leandro, “and I’ll pass your thanks along to my mother.” A smile was given. “My family isn’t backward like others can be,” he added as a consideration. “Once upon a time, my mother would have been considered an alien,” he rolled his eyes, “but now she is an American citizen.”

Leandro moved through the apartment, eventually pausing near Saariyah and resting his hand for only a heartbeat on her shoulder. Something he was known to do, though only in the privacy of a secluded space. Propriety and all. “I’ll look around and see if there’s anything I can help with.” He smiled, hand falling away after a gentle squeeze. “Then we can depart. The succulents I got you can go anywhere, by the way, they’re hardy little things.” The food he brought would be put into the refrigerator, which he moved away to go put away.

written by Rated Em
49 posts
13 threads
hover for triggers

“Kinmoku is not so different,” Saariyah stood still momentarily, sighing at the mere thought of home. There was that distant, longing expression on her features as she missed home. “The Osmanthus system as a whole, each planet has customs that most of us would find ridiculous. It was…easier for us to blend in with Earth at the time we came because of its vast similarities to our own planet.”

“It might seem like I hate the people here, but I’m envious of the freedom you all are blessed with. That’s something that Kinmoku lacked.” Saariyah’s green hues gazed downward then. “Yet so many people here don’t seem to get that freedom is rare.”

What did catch her off guard was the mention of his own experiences. Saariyah’s green hues would dart towards him with utmost skepticism, raising a brow. “You’re kidding me, right?”

While Saariyah would have otherwise rolled her eyes at most for the mention of foreign heritage, due to her closeness with Leandro, Saariyah would only stiffen her posture and cross her arms. “Your mother being called an alien on her own planet is offensive. I hope you realize that.”

Nowadays, the term alien was often used in reference to extraterrestrials, at least in Saariyah’s experience. She hated the term, especially when she would have simply referred to Leandro’s mother as an Earthling when it just meant a foreigner.

Green hues would soon fall on the hand that rested on her shoulders for only a moment, quickly refocusing her attention on Leandro. Had it been anyone else, Saariyah would have otherwise smacked the hand away – but not this time. Saariyah was, admittedly, comfortable around him – and that made a big difference on physical contact.

“You’re welcome to place them somewhere if you want. I’m not that picky, especially since my team had a little fun of their own.”

written by Vii
135 posts
17 threads
hover for triggers

"I do not think you hate the people here," said Leandro, a repeat of something he had told her not long after he had started working for her, "and you are right. Most do not understand the freedom we have, taking it for granted or simply wasting it." He shook his head with a sigh. Too many truly did but worse ...

Too many did not realize that those of the Crystal Empire were just as likely to take freedom away from them. Oh, they said they gave it to them--in the form of immortality and other things--but nothing was ever given without a cost. They would have to give up something and that, as far as Leandro was concerned, was likely to be their freedom. At least the Dark Alliance was upfront about what it expected out of those that were part of it.

"Sometimes," said Leandro slowly, "I feel as if something is there. I can't see it but ..." His shoulders lifted in a shrug. "I know it is there all the same." It was not often that he talked about his own experiences, his particular spiritual awareness. "I suppose it's not so strange given all that has come to light in the past few decades but it isn't like I'm anything but human." Which was true because Leandro felt ever as he always did: painfully, boringly, human.

"Oh, I am aware," he said with a shake of his head, "and I got into enough fights as a kid because of it. I can't stand idiots who talk like that." Leandro had never taken it well when people went after his family. It was fine to mock him, to come after him, but to come after his mother? His father? Nope.

It only took that little moment of contact, just a smattering of heartbeats, for Leandro to do what needed to be done. A touch of Chaos to make the rest of the day go so well for her. That smile he had given her, soft and reassuring, stayed even as he moved away.

"Little fun of their own?" His eyebrows rose in question. "Not sure that I can manage that but ..." Leandro did start to look around, after putting the food away, to see if he could find an interesting place for the succulents. Saariyah knew him to be more somber and serious than most, even when he was relaxing. "I'll see what I can do. There is a lot of space to work with, after all."

(This post was last modified: 09 Aug 2020, 01:28 AM by Leandro Jameson.)
written by Rated Em
49 posts
13 threads
hover for triggers

“Only because you got to know me,” Saariyah replied with a shrug. “People think that you can get to know someone from a distance, based solely on the opinions of others. There’s more to it than that. I don’t like being judged by people without them taking time, and it’s a fault that many people are guilty of.”

Saariyah was, admittedly, guilty of it slightly – she refused to open to most unless she saw genuine interest, which took time to build.

What was startling to Saariyah was Leandro’s insistence that he felt like something was there. Her arms crossed, Saariyah gestured towards herself. “If I can’t sense it, I highly doubt something’s there.” This was probably her own ego getting the best of her, she knew it as well – but Saariyah liked to think that her spiritual awareness was on a higher scale than others.

“There are strange things about you that surprise me, I’ll admit, but I don’t think it’s anything negative like a wandering spirit or something.” Saariyah shrugged, unable to really explain what she felt.

“There’s a lot that we all have to learn in order to coexist peacefully,” Saariyah sighed. “And it starts with the acceptance of others.” And it was something that she hoped that as their leader, Kes would learn to get along with certain Outer Guardians if she could help it. She was slowly warming up to them, understanding their mindset – but xenophobia was not the way. Not as long as Chaos existed.

Saariyah would move towards the kitchen, leaning against the wall as she’d observe Leandro, and teased, “I’m starting to wonder what your apartment looks like if you’re having a hard time placing a little thing.”

written by Vii
135 posts
17 threads
hover for triggers

Sometimes there was a whisper that Leandro heard in the back of his mind. It made him paranoid when it happened, worried that the ghost would make an appearance, but there was nothing there. Just the faint whisper that left him with the feeling that this was not the right path. Not that Leandro ever gave credence to the feeling but it was there, all the same, slowly making him feel a little crazier every day.

The entire reason it came to mind was in moments like this, with Saariyah speaking as she did.

“People,” said Leandro, “are idiots. Not all of them, of course, but a fair majority and especially the ones that do as you just said.” There was a shake of his head, not at all impressed with anyone who simply made decisions without knowing an individual. Leandro, much like Saariyah, was not a fan of people like that.

His eyebrows rose as the silver-haired woman said she could not sense anything. If only he knew that her dismissal of anything being there was true. “... well, next time I sense it,” he replied, “I will let you know and you can tell me if you sense it.” That was the easiest way of it, wasn’t it? Not that Leandro would ever actually point out when his ghost was here. No, what he would do was deliberately set it up so that she would think he was simply picking some other thing up. The tension in a room, perhaps, or some other easily explained thing that would make him look situationally aware but otherwise normal.

Leandro let out a half-laugh at Saariyah saying there were strange things about him. “Can’t say that is the first time I’ve heard that,” there was even an article published about him calling him an odd choice all because he had been photographed with Aster Schmidt, “but I’m glad to know it is likely not a wandering spirit.”

He was in the agreement with the rest of what she said, letting out a gentle hum of approval. Leandro was far too aware of the blatant xenophobia and more that some humans were capable of (he did think of Jade almost immediately after all). Then paused as Saariyah came over to watch him, the chagrined look on his face probably saying more than anything he was about to speak aloud.

The succulent was cradled in his hands, Leandro coming to a halt in the living room and turning his focus back to Saariyah. “I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t handle the decorating,” said Leandro. “Finishing touches, yes, but ... that’s it.” Oh, his apartment was fairly sparse, so many of his things had migrated over time into Aster’s comfortable penthouse where he was more likely to spend time. Not that Leandro spoke a lot about his relationship--the tabloids did that enough--but it was not necessarily a secret either.

“I think though,” continued Leandro, finding an empty spot on an end-table for the succulent and it’s small zen garden to set it down on, “this is the best spot.” Mostly since it meant that where it was, anyone could enjoy the lovely succulents and make patterns in the sand.

written by Rated Em
49 posts
13 threads
hover for triggers

“Finally, someone agrees with me,” Saariyah rolled her green hues, unable to understand her own comrades sometimes. She remembered as a teenager, back when they’d visited this planet the first time, that she was the one often criticized for not tolerating these sorts of behaviors from women when she was in a disguise.

Saariyah was simply sticking to her own beliefs on the matter, and up until this day, she wouldn’t budge. She’d learned that the relationships that she had formed were often more genuine and worthwhile.

Light green hues gazed at Leandro for a moment albeit perplexed by the remark. Did he really, really believe that something was there? Did he doubt her ability as a Sailor Guardian to detect that sort of thing? While Saariyah wouldn’t allow herself to linger much on the latter, it was this moment that made Saariyah question what Leandro might have sensed.

Youma were commonplace now, and it was a concept that still perplexed Saariyah due to its unusual formation. “Okay, you’re on then.” Despite the lightheartedness in her own tone, Saariyah wasn’t teasing – she was genuinely curious. “And if it happens to be a wandering spirit, you may want to talk to Sailor Mars one of these days.”

Saariyah scoffed at the idea but, it was within her realm of powers to deal with those sorts of things. Saariyah on the other hand, only had the ability of detection.

Crossing her arms as she watched Leandro attempt at finding a spot for his gift, Saariyah couldn’t hide that she was greatly amused watching him. She chuckled, shaking her head.

“And they say I’m rigid,” Saariyah teased this time, laughing. “When you grow up in a palace like I have, you learn to cherish your personal space – your chambers – and decorate it according to your tastes. You might not enjoy it yourself, but it’s a luxury that you’ll sorely miss if you lose it.”

written by Vii
135 posts
17 threads
hover for triggers