Eternal
Eternal is a Sailor Moon roleplay set the fictional Crystal Empire territories in the United States. We’re a plot and character driven site set after Sailor Moon Stars, during the rise of the Crystal Empire. The deities who governed the planets in the Silver Millennium are beginning to return as magic is slowly making itself known once more to humans. We’re rated L3/S3/V3, use real life face claims, and have been ongoing since July 10th, 2018.

Late March 2031 - April 2031

(Invitation) can you carry it with no regrets
// January 23rd, 2031

Crystal Empire
36years
He/Himpronouns
European Ambassador & Golden King occupation
Zoisite alter-ego
Energy (Healing & Purification)powers

There was no missing the reluctance regarding calling Jadeite--Jeremiah understood it--but even when things were out of sorts, when everything was potentially crashing down around them his first response was to look out for those that were within his sphere of influence.

Another place, another time, Jeremiah would have said something, reassured Cynthia regarding Jadeite, but this wasn't it. A quick flicker of a reassuring (and understanding) look was given instead. When it came to Jadeite, Jeremiah understood far too well. Not that any of that particularly mattered when Cynthia's phone call did not go through.

... and the fact that she was grabbing his arm while he was driving. This was definitely one of the moments when he was happy that he was left-handed, able to keep his right hand on the steering wheel and catch Cynthia's hand waving hand gently.

"There's probably an overabundance of phone calls," replied Jeremiah, "or competing signals. You're probably not the only one trying to call Mason right now." As he spoke he realized that the weight in his chest had lessened even more, not quite expecting it and blinking. What had felt like a heavy pressure had eased up even more.

"... do you feel that? The pain fading?" he inquired, wondering if Cynthia also felt the lessening of the weight of whatever they were doing with Elysion. He did not linger on it but that was more because of Cynthia's rapid-fire question and thought processes. It was one way to handle a stressful situation and ...

Well.

It worked.

Besides, it pushed Jeremiah straight towards problem-solving and reassurance more than anything else. He shifted, left hand loosening from Cynthia's, and going back to take the steering wheel while he offered the right out to her to hold as this was one of those situations where it would probably help. (Though it was worth noting that he only did this once they were on the highway, as that meant he was not having to weave in and out of traffic as much.)

"As much as I would like to support doing more than just looking, you and I both know that if we attempted that ..." A sigh escaped. "In trouble would be an understatement; no one would be pleased with us  and as your protector, Cynthia, this is the compromise." Which was to say they could get actual eyes on it versus video feeds or photographs or anything else. Yet as the now darkly illuminated Elysion came into view--still so far away but the dark sky surrounded by picturesque blue said so much--Jeremiah could not shake the new sensation: an unease that began to pervade his entire being.

"... what have they done?" he whispered, hand squeezing Cynthia's a little more before relaxing. Whether it was reassurance for himself or her at this point did not seem to matter. The fact of the matter was that the artificial landmass, the one that connected Crystal City to Elysion, was still intact. The bridge, however, was completely destroyed with black vines and thorns winding through the wreckage.

The path to Elysion was destroyed, forcing Jeremiah to once more come to a halt and put the vehicle into park.

played by Rated Em they/he pronouns 179 posts 19 threads

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego
Light, Purificationpowers

“Why would other people be trying to contact Mason now?” Cynthia asked, without even realizing that it was possible that the other Golden Kings who weren’t with Mason were probably attempting to contact. There was just no way that the other Sailor Guardians were trying to contact him, were there? After all, that would just mean that things were….

Cynthia cringed, hoping that nothing was going on at the Crystal Palace. No, they had to focus on Elysion.

With how frantic Cynthia’s mind was thinking about Mason, she hadn’t even been paying attention to the pain that they felt. It was the question that came from Jeremiah that made her realize that she was feeling okay, despite the circumstances, but still feeling a heavy weight inside.

“A little,” Cynthia’s voice cracked, attempting to calm herself as she breathed.

Cynthia huffed, gesturing towards the windshield to emphasize her point. “So we’re supposed to let them get away with whatever they’re doing, just because my Guardians would be upset? Jeremiah, please, I’ve done things without their consent before, you know! This is so much more important than my safety! It’s about the Earth!”

After all, who controlled Elysion….

Cynthia grimaced and shuddered at the thought. No, they couldn’t fail. They wouldn’t.

Except when she reopened her eyes, they had. The darkness that she felt coming from Elysion was unmistakable, even from the distance that they were – the visuals that they saw….

They couldn’t even move forward, and while that wouldn’t have been a problem….

Cynthia’s train of thought was interrupted when she felt the squeeze from Jeremiah, her baby blues glistened worriedly towards him as she wondered what to do. “We have to get into contact with someone. We can’t just not do something! We have the power of flight!”

played by Vii She/her pronouns 424 posts 49 threads

Crystal Empire
36years
He/Himpronouns
Zoisite alter-ego

Jeremiah did not even respond as to why others might be calling Mason, the glance he gave her saying others are likely concerned about him. Which, of course, his own cell phone buzzing with a chain of messages gave credence to that fact. The fact that he was not answering to them, other than the auto-responses that came because he was driving, was not going to make things better but he was--for the moment--going to let Cynthia simply relay the message to others that they were alright.

"I know," answered Jeremiah, "but I do not want to risk your safety and we're both compromised right now." After all, the pain had only receded but not gone entirely. Which was, in some ways, concerning because it meant something had to have happened, though what that was would remain unknown for the time being.

"Try calling again," he said, once more bringing the car to a halt, putting it into park and unbuckling. "Flight would just announce our presence, they would be able to see us, but ..." There was a determined look in his queerly bright blue-green eyes as Jeremiah opened the car door and stepped out. As he pulled his cane-sword from the vehicle as well, the rush of transformation went through him.

"Teleportation is not," continued Zoisite, his gaze now fixed upon the darkened Elysion beyond the destroyed bridge. "I will teleport and see if it's a secure location and then come right back." There was no chance for a response from Cynthia as energy enveloped him and he teleported.

At first, it looked to work, Zoisite disappearing in a flurry of energy, but then there was another flare. This time it was a darkness that flowed within the swirl of energy that marked his teleportation, Zoisite dropped back to the ground in a crouch and a gasp.

One hand was clenched around his sword-cane, the other to his chest, as Zoisite breathed raggedly once more. "It-" The words did not want to come out, pain once more singing along his senses. "It threw me back."

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego

Cynthia believed that her overall safety did not matter during a time like this. If Mason and Elysion were compromised, then the Earth was compromised, and that was much more important than her personal safety. After all, the Silver Crystal worked in tandem with the Golden Crystal.

She felt his pain.

“We need to do what’s best for Elysion, for Earth, my safety isn’t anything to compare!” Cynthia retorted quickly, needing no time to think on it. “I have risked my life in order to protect Earth and I will continue to do that.”

Whether Jeremiah consented to it or not, did not matter. Not right now. Not when Mason was potentially in danger, when Elysion and the Earth were in danger…. Cynthia gazed down at her phone, as even though she attempted to redial, it was to no avail. So many levels of worry crawled through her skin, wondering just how Mason was doing…. How Nasir was doing.

Teleportation.

Her baby blues fluttered momentarily, barely registering into mind that Jeremiah could still teleport. “E-Eh?” Cynthia stuttered. “Do you really think that they’d be able to see us if we flew? They might be…deeper within.”

Cynthia watched as Jeremiah soon shifted into Zoisite, attempting to teleport into Elysion and failing. The moment that he was thrown back, Cynthia ran to his side, kneeling. “Are you alright?” Cynthia inquired, refocusing her gaze at the barrier that blocked them from trespassing.

“If we can’t get inside…things are worse than before…” Dread covered her features, wanting to get back to Mason as quickly as possible.

Crystal Empire
36years
He/Himpronouns
Zoisite alter-ego

Jeremiah's senses still buzzed, something dark and unsettling singing along his nerves as Cynthia reached his side. "I'm fine, it-" His breath caught in his throat, the pain from earlier briefly returned though quickly fading. "I was not expecting to be rejected by Elysion."

His hand was clenched tight around his cane-sword, gaze turning from the dark shimmer he could now perceive that had been missed before that seemed to encircle Elysion and back to Cynthia. (Jeremiah had no doubts that Cynthia could see the dark haze, though he doubted that regular humans could as they likely only saw the darkened clouds and otherwise that hovered over it.)

"If we can't," he said, clearly gathering himself and slowly pushing to his feet, "then they have done what Metaria never did." Technically even Nehelenia, as she might have taken Elysion but had never fully corrupted it as it appeared to be now.

A hand was offered to Cynthia, to pull her back up as well. "I know that both of us would press this if it were possible but we can't. Not with whatever that is." With his free hand, cane-sword tucked under his arm, he gestured towards the strange dark haze around Elysion.

"We need to return to the Crystal Palace, regroup and come at this with everyone." Check on everyone, was the next thought, though it was clearly echoed in the expression of dread on Cynthia's face.

Crystal Empire
34years
She/herpronouns
Queen Regnant occupation
Sailor Moon alter-ego

“When dark power is involved…” Cynthia shuddered to think about it. “Anything is possible, but I never expected our enemies to be capable of this.”

After all, to her knowledge Queen Nehellenia hadn’t returned. At the moment they were just facing Queen Metaria, Queen Beryl, Wiseman and the Black Moons. But what did this mean? Cynthia wanted so desperately to penetrate the barrier, but after seeing Jeremiah being thrown back it was going to be futile efforts. She was certain about it.

“Our enemies are more vicious this time.” Cynthia murmured. “And Metaria or Wiseman have to surely be responsible for this. We’ll find out one way or another who tainted Elysion.”

She would make sure of it, as not only was it a threat to the Earth as a whole, but it was also a threat to Mason.

Baby blues gazed momentarily at Jeremiah concerned, as what he specified soon after only confirmed her initial suspicions. He wanted to go back to the Crystal Palace, and while she couldn’t blame him as their efforts would ultimately be futile, Cynthia’s eyes gazed momentarily towards Elysion, as if they were about to leave something so precious behind….

And they were.

They needed to make sure Mason and Nasir were alright. But why hadn’t she been contacted by anyone yet, she wondered.

Her hands took the shape of tense, trembling fists at the prospect.  “Let’s head back home then.” She agreed finally, and so they had.

-End-

@Jeremiah Mercer