Act 7, the Return of the Pantheon.
Staff Team
Welcome to Crystal Empire, USA
The Dark Alliance has faced a divide: Queen Nehellenia has been purified and is now the Goddess and ruler of the Moon. With her purification at the hands of Neo Queen Serenity and Neo Sailor Moon, there is a shift in the wind – Greek deities (original planet rulers), heralds (Sailors/Knights) and Augurs (priest(esses) and consorts) from the past are being revived and Hades has been unsealed.

With the coming of Hades has seen the unsealing of Satre and Hyperion, and the future is now even more uncertain as the ruler of Nemesis has a vendetta against Chronos…and more. The Future Moon have now since reunited with the Crystal Empire, their memories have been restored. Will they be able to save their future that they can no longer return to?

Eternal is a Sailor Moon role play, rated L3/S3/V3 and self-hosted utilizing MyBB, a software identical to JCink. We use Member Profiles for our application process and focus on a story act system. We have a plethora of canons available including many popular ones. We’re set after Sailor Moon, merging the 90s anime, manga, Sailor Moon Crystal into one game. We accept original characters and use real life face claims.
March 2031, Spring

Not what we signed up for
// December 8, 2030

[Image: iwZ1xWz.gif]
The corridors running through the newspaper agency like veins were noisy; the entire building seemed to be buzzing like a beehive. With so many different factions active within the boundaries of Crystal City and supernatural occurrences seemingly having become part of the daily grind, there was scoop to be found around every corner and the management of the newspaper wanted as many stories covered as possible. With so much work to do, finding a job as a journalist had been even easier than infiltrating the Dark Kingdom, which actually had been a child's play. Of course it was no coincidence that Minji had chosen this place amongst all the possible job choices: not only would it grant her the opportunity to talk to the Sailor Senshi without being considered suspicious, she had also received word that Neo Sailor Moon was working here as an intern.

With such opportunities presenting themselves, the inky topped female would have been foolish not to grasp them. She didn't need to get close to this threat from the future in order to remove her from the equation, but killing the heir to the Silver Crystal wasn't Min's goal, at least not right now. Instead, she considered the younger woman a valuable gaming piece and possible source of information. Aware that the girl going by the name of Cidney was at the office on this specific day, the only thing that was left to do was to somehow make contact with her. However, before she could even start thinking about her next steps, a loud voice that yelled her surname caused Minji to startle. Freezing in place the Asian slowly turned her heard, all too aware who had called for her: Tony T. Thompson, the newspaper's editor-in-chief.

He was a choleric, moody and crooked man that was corrupted to the point that even Sailor Nemesis considered him scary. Looking at his always angry and dissatisfied face actually made Min wonder, if he wouldn't make for a great asset of the Dark Alliance; a thought the Senshi, however, immediately dismissed as she didn't want to see his face, weird bi-colored haircut and sorry excuse for a mustache even more often than she already had to. Lightly rubbing the back of her head, Minji quickly hurried over to the man's office, not keen on hearing him get worked up even more than he was by default. A few untenable accusations, snarky remarks and empty threats later the inky topped woman left his office carrying a pile of files concerning the Senshi as well as the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon, which she was supposed to work through along with one of the interns: Cidney. Slowly making her way across the hallway while trying to balance the load of files, Min actually failed to believe that fate had given her the opportunity she had been looking for.

Thompson had told her where she could supposedly find the intern, about whom he obviously hadn't had anything nice to say as he never seemed to say anything nice about anyone aside from himself. Entering the office by slowly pushing the door open with her back, Minji allowed her peachy lips to part while turning around and trying to look past the pile she had been entrusted with. "Hi everyone, I'm looking for one of our interns, Cidney Lunette. Is she around? Mr. Thompson told me to work through these files together with her." Min of course knew what the princess looked like and was quite happy that the mountain of documents in her hands obstructed her view as it made it easier to feign ignorance.

written by Maki
26 posts
3 threads
hover for triggers

For someone that had been raised her entire life as a princess, sometimes it was surprising to Cidney that she took so easily to working at the Infinity Gazette. She might have only been an intern, planted there as a part of her courses at Crystal University, but she took to it nicely. After the events of the ball her name had been spread around among the actual writers there, she'd gotten numerous congratulations, and she felt like she belonged. That plucky attitude of hers might have actually been something that paid off here as opposed to something that had a tendency to get her in trouble, like it did when she was back home, or when she had gone back to the past when she was younger.

At the moment she was going through some paperwork for one of the reporters that was on assignment in the city at the moment. Even if she'd gotten an article into the paper she still was an intern, and she had to take care of the things that just weren't important enough for the actual so-called big names to take care of. Cidney was sitting at said reporters desk with a large stack of papers in front of her; most of this was just busy work. Right now she didn't really mind the busywork - it was good for her, given everything that happened and everything that was on her mind. The truth of the matter was that she hadn't been able to stop thinking about the ball.

Specifically, she hadn't been able to stop thinking about three things: the first was the fact that Metaria was back, and announced herself being back so publicly. The second was that bad guys were able to get into the Crystal Palace right under the nose of the Silver Crystal, her mother, and all of her guardians in the first place. The last... was a little more personal. Nehelenia. Nehelenia had looked directly at Cidney, she knew that she was there, she had toasted her. Cidney paused for a moment as she looked over the papers, taking a deep breath...

And then...

That was when she heard her name coming from an unfamiliar voice. Startled, she jumped a little bit and put the messy stack of papers back onto the desk, and then moved it directly from said desk into the top drawer of it where she had found them in the first place. She jumped up, smoothing out her skirt and clearing her throat. "Ah - present!" She said at first, and then immediately started mentally kicking herself. "That is... I mean... um... I'm Cidney. How can I help, miss...?"

(This post was last modified: 05 Jun 2020, 11:41 PM by Cidney Lunette.)
written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

When the younger girl's voice resounded, Min carefully shifted her upper body, tilting her head to the left in order to greet the future Sailor Moon with a smile. "Hey, sorry for barging in like this, but Mr. Thompson wants us to go through these documents as soon as possible. We are supposed to do it as if our careers depended on it, because they apparently do. Please follow me~" Her words were carried on a soft yet extroverted tone. Falling silent the Asian woman slowly carried the heavy looking pile out of the room and made her way to another, empty office by attentively placing one foot in front of the other, stopping whenever she feared the pile of documents could possibly take on a life of its own.

Finally arriving within the empty office she placed the mountain of documents on a table and allowed a sigh to escape her peachy lips before then turning towards Cidney and breaking the silence that had engulfed her after her initial greeting. "Nice to meet you, I'm. Minji Hwang, but you can call me Min." Reaching out her right hand, the leader of the Shades offered a friendly handshake. "I'm sorry that you got dragged into this, but Thompson doesn't have faith in us young people. He fails to see that we are the future and only thinks of us as unskilled employees. Hence why he tasked us with sifting through these dusty documents. So instead of allowing us to go out there and get to the root of what is going on in this crazy world, we are stuck reading old news articles that have already been read a dozen times and only contain things everyone already knows."

The veil of silence that had surrounded her once her words faded, however, was ephemeral as Minji once again raised her voice, shyly scratching the back of her head. "Sorry, I hope I didn't discourage you." Smiling at the intern in an apologetic manner, Min then averted her gaze and focused the same on the dusty documents. "Mind if I ask you what you think about this entire situation? Why do you think all of this is happening?"

written by Maki
26 posts
3 threads
hover for triggers

The woman that called out for Cidney wasn't one that she was terribly acquainted with. She was Asian, a little bit taller than her, and Cidney smiled at her a bit nervously as she approached. At the least, she seemed like she was nice enough and it seemed that she didn't really have anything to worry about; as an intern literally everyone here was her supervisor, but... Only a few people were able to actually get her in trouble or fire her, and she didn't think that this woman had the power to do that. Still... apparently, whatever she needed help with would be directly associated with her continued employment.

Cidney didn't exactlly need this minimum wage, she came back from the future with enough funds that she and the rest of the court could get on as they needed to, but the moment that the other girl said that her smile straightened out rather quickly and she was moving to be closer to the woman. "Yikes. That sounds pretty serious," she said. The pile of documents that she was carrying was intimidatingly large, and she understood why Mr Thompson might've thought that this woman - whose name, Cidney noted, she still didn't have - needed her help. And she was happy to help. Anything to keep her mind off of the last month or so.

Cidney had almost said something as the woman placed the documents on the table, and then turned to introduce herself. "Nice to meet you. I'd introduce myself, but well... Mr Thompson took the liberty of doing that for me," she said, aided by a jovial chuckle. "You can call me Cid if you prefer, it's pretty short, doesn't really matter to me." She shrugged her shoulders, smiling and meeting Minji's hand with her own. She had a tight handshake, strong and fitting of someone that was in the position that she was in the Crystal Millennium.

The other girl's changed at the drop of a hat as she talked about Thompson and having dragged Cidney into the situation. She brushed a strand of stray brunette hair behind her ear and shook her head, "Don't worry about it. Helping out around the office is literally my job description, everything else that they let me do is supplemental." She smiled ever so slightly - but she was somewhat put off by the way that Minji described their employer. She wasn't sure that she agreed, and so she shook her head. "I don't know that Thompson sees us as like... lackies or errand girls. History has a tendency to repeat itself, and he probably wants us to find similar situations like what's going on."

She paused at Minji's question, sifting through the documents and glancing up to her ever so slightly.

"The situation with the Black Moon Clan? It's... a problem. And the response from the Crystal Palace has been less than stellar. I was there at the ball; did you hear about the piece Thompson had me write about it?"

written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

When their slender fingers met in junction, Minji immediately noticed the younger woman 's firm handshake, but didn't bother to try and compete and instead only displayed a weaker handshake as one would expect of a female with her stature. Fighting - or rather toying - with the leader of the future Senshi the other day had already given Sailor Nemesis an idea about what she had to expect from the woman that had explicitly been declared one of their targets. Taking her by surprise and killing her in this very moment would be an easy task, but something Min didn't want to do. Sure, she didn't mean to go against the orders she had received from her father, but believed that things didn't have to be like this, that there still was a possibility of obtaining the Silver Crystal and saving the future without taking such a young life.

Sure, a single life meant nothing in comparison to the future of the universe and all the lives inhabiting the same, but she was there to protect the future, right? So why take a life, if it wasn't necessary? With her strength Cidney could be a powerful ally and so the inky topped woman had decided to attempt a different approach. Smiling gently at her current coworker, Min allowed her voice to resound after Cid had mentioned that Mr. Thompson had already taken care of the introduction on her behalf. "Nice to meet you, Cid." Letting go of her hand, the Senshi of darkness quickly separated the mountain of documents into two smaller piles and began to read through the documents of one of them. When the other woman commented on their boss, Min displayed a soft, innocent chuckle.

"I'm afraid you're giving him too much cre-" Her words, however faded abruptly as the remnants of a deafening yell echoed across the halls of the office building. "GET ME PICTURES OF SAILOR MOON OR YOU'RE ALL FIRED! WHAT!? YOU'RE NOT WORKING HERE? YOU'RE FIRED NONETHELESS!" With a soft sigh escaping her lips, Min once again averted her gaze from the newspaper article in front of her and looked at Cid. "This is what I meant. If I didn't know any better, I would say he is one of those comic book villains." When the question about the incident during the ball and the young Lunette's corresponding article arose, Min lightly shook her head denial, before looking at Cid with a curious expression displayed upon her face. "No, I actually don't. May I ask what happened?"

Unlike other occasions, she this time wasn't feigning ignorance and truly had no idea what had happened. Of course she wasn't capable of telling Cidney that she had just arrived from the future and that some kind of incident occurring at a ball deviated from everything she knew about the history of this era, but she didn't need to as she already had an answer to explain her lack of knowledge. "I just got back from Korea. I had to tend to some rather draining family matters and since I more or less rushed straight back to work, I failed to get an update about what has happened during my absence." Pausing for a moment she put the article she was holding aside and instead entirely focused on the brunette. "Was there another terrorist attack?"

written by Maki
26 posts
3 threads
hover for triggers

Okay, maybe Cidney was giving Thompson too much credit. She'd never exactly had to deal with him in a foul mood on his own, but she had heard stories. Maybe she was giving him the benefit of the doubt to assume that most of them were blown out of proportion - he was the editor-in-chief of Infinity City's last major paper publication. He had to be doing something, right? Even if the majority of the information that was given to the paper was now online, since print was still a dying business, that meant that he had to have some idea. In the future, it wasn't exactly a thing, but... Her grandfather was a journalist, she had a fondness for this business.

She winced as Thompson's voice flooded the halls of the floor and eventually made their way to the room that Cidney and Minji were sitting in. "... Okay, maybe I wasn't expecting that," she admitted, looking toward the door and sighing. She was... well, she was nervous. She could get him pictures of Sailor Moon alright, given the fact that she was Sailor Moon, but... was that risky? This wasn't like the comics that she loved so much; she wasn't Spider-Man, and the truth of the matter was that even Spider-Man eventually told J Jonah Jameson that he was Peter Parker.

Cidney was aware that the identities of most of the other Guardians in this time were public but she didn't plan on outing the identities of herself or the rest of her court any time soon, and she believed that was her right. They were publicly known in the future, but in the future they mostly didn't have to deal with the threats of today until very recently... and the truth of the matter was that if the world knew about the majority of her court, there would be questions that the timestream probably wasn't prepared for them to answer.

"Maybe villain is going a bit far, but... yeah... I can see what you're saying. And what is said in the lunch room, I guess," Cid said, chuckling lightly as Minji mentioned that she wasn't super aware of what happened at the ball because she had been overseas at the time. "Oh!" Cid exclaimed, leaning back in her seat and looking at her. She imagined that word would have spread through the entire world of what happened, but she supposed that it was understandable that it perhaps hadn't. The other countries still did exist, even if they all answered now to the Crystal Court as a figurehead.

"Back in November the Crystal Palace held a masquerade ball, and a bunch of bad guys from the Black Moon and other villains of the queen showed up." It wasn't overly informative, but Cidney didn't want to dwell. "I was there on assignment and ended up being the only eye witness at the paper, so... I ended up writing a rundown of what happened."

written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

When the younger woman told her that villain was a bit far, Minji immediately allowed her voice to resound again while chuckling along. "Okay, let's say he is one laboratory accident away from becoming a super villain." When the topic switched to the incident that occurred at the ball, the mood quickly turned around. The fact that Cidney didn't go into detail was a pity, since it would have saved Min the trouble of researching what had happened during said event, but it didn't really matter. The very moment the intern's voice faded, the inky topped woman allowed her own lips to part. "Oh… I'm sorry… That must have been a terrible experience... I can imagine how you must have felt… I actually lost my mother in a terrorist attack when I was young, so I know the terror of your daily life being shaken by villains…"

Gazing at the brunette, Minji's face carried a sad and compassionate expression, her murky orbs reflecting the pain she supposedly felt thinking about her mother's gruesome and untimely death. Truth was she had never known her mother, but the thought about the state of the future and the knowledge that things would get worse if she didn't act, filled her entire being with sadness. "Writing about such an incident shortly after it happened sounds like quite a burden. I hope Thompson didn't ask too much of you." Allowing the veil of silence to engulf her for a moment she took a deep breath before she continued, obviously forcing herself to smile. "Let's get this stuff done so we can go out there and get to the root of this evil. We may not be fighters, but that doesn't mean that we can't do our part to help."

Averting her gaze from her colleague, the coal haired female then continued to sift through the articles in front of her. Carefully reading the documents that read like a weirdly phrased history lesson to her, Minji wondered what the other Senshi was thinking. She would have loved to ask more about the reaction of the White Moon that the future princess had described as 'not so stellar', but she was all too aware that this was neither the right time nor place to further inquire about the incident. After all she was nothing, but a stranger to Cidney, one of the many faces working at the same place and nothing more. It had been exactly for that reason that she had told the other woman about her supposed family situation. After all, how could she expect the other woman to share anything with her, if she wasn't willing to make the first step and open up to the young Lunette.

written by Maki
26 posts
3 threads
hover for triggers