Act 7, the Return of the Pantheon.
Staff Team
Welcome to Crystal Empire, USA
The Dark Alliance has faced a divide: Queen Nehellenia has been purified and is now the Goddess and ruler of the Moon. With her purification at the hands of Neo Queen Serenity and Neo Sailor Moon, there is a shift in the wind – Greek deities (original planet rulers), heralds (Sailors/Knights) and Augurs (priest(esses) and consorts) from the past are being revived and Hades has been unsealed.

With the coming of Hades has seen the unsealing of Satre and Hyperion, and the future is now even more uncertain as the ruler of Nemesis has a vendetta against Chronos…and more. The Future Moon have now since reunited with the Crystal Empire, their memories have been restored. Will they be able to save their future that they can no longer return to?

Eternal is a Sailor Moon role play, rated L3/S3/V3 and self-hosted utilizing MyBB, a software identical to JCink. We use Member Profiles for our application process and focus on a story act system. We have a plethora of canons available including many popular ones. We’re set after Sailor Moon, merging the 90s anime, manga, Sailor Moon Crystal into one game. We accept original characters and use real life face claims.
March 2031, Spring

An Old Favorite
// NOVEMBER 15TH, 2030

The past few days have been a nightmare, particularly for Serenity as she scrambled to put everyone at ease with the media's constant reports of Chaos running rampant in the city.

The Chaos-triggered earthquake had certainly triggered the worst in civilians, and rightfully so -- riots had sprung and murder rates had increased all thanks to Chaos. It seemed that whoever Queen Metaria had brought back was going to be difficult to pinpoint, as none of the attacks revealed any of their previous foes.

So, who was it?

The question was pressing, but for now, Serenity needed to breathe. She needed to remember that although she was Neo Queen Serenity now, she was also Cynthia Lunette, and she demanded attention that the Crystal Palace failed to deliver. She managed to cancel a few meetings that day to make time just to go to her old favorite: Crown Arcade.

Getting out of the backseat of the vehicle, Serenity was extremely grateful that her driver chose to nix the flags and any identification that would alert civilians that the Queen had been at the arcade. It was a well-known fact that Serenity loved gaming, she made a point to address it too. She also wasn’t alone, she was accompanied by someone, and she’d known that Lee would have set hell on fire had she gone alone.

Not just Lee, but everyone else, too.

Taking a deep breath as she entered the arcade, Serenity relaxed her shoulders. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, her crescent moon invisible. Her choice in civilian attire – white pants and a pink sweater – also aided in concealing her identity. Whenever she went out as Serena Rose, Serenity made a point not to wear expensive clothes. But this outting as Serena Rose was also very different, as she was accompanied by someone and not out and about the city alone.

She just hoped that her companion would remember to stay casual.

"Serena! It's good to see you again!" An employee beamed and came up to Serenity with gaming tokens. "Are you here for the usual gaming time?"

"Yeah! I need to unwind a little bit...things lately have been giving me a headache!" Serenity whined and her shoulders lowered, briefly scanning to see if (Motoki) was around. A frown formed on her features when she realized that he wasn't. "(Motoki) isn't here?"

"Not today, he actually has the day off. But here you go!" The employee handed Serenity the tokens after she exchanged it for $15.

"When you see him, tell him I said hello, okay?" Serenity smiled, the employee nodding to dismiss themself as Serenity moved to sit down at one of the consoles.

written by Vii
345 posts
43 threads
hover for triggers

Cidney was shaken. She had been warned that something important was going to happen at the ball; her mother had made it a point to tell her to do what she could to get in to the festivities, and she had. She pestered her professor so much to allow her to be the one to write the story on the ball; it was a big event and basically the entire class had been asking for the same opportunity. It was sheer luck that Cid had gotten him to listen, wasn't it? Perhaps not. Perhaps it was fate. Queen Metaria aside, only Cidney and her own guardians could be aware of exactly who it was that she saw at that party.

As the chaos reigned supreme throughout the ballroom, three different Sailor Guardians jumping into action to protect their queen from whatever chaos was ensuing, Cidney had made it a point to attempt to help civilians get out of the ballroom as quickly as she could. She felt useless, in the middle of the palace, unable to transform into Sailor Neo Moon; she could end this quick if she had been able to, couldn't she? But she had made a promise and the past was to be protected, not broken even further. The timestream was ever so fragile.

But that was when she saw her - a face that she wouldn't mistake for anyone else. Even if her skin wasn't as pale and severe as it had been the last time that Cidney saw her, even if her eyes didn't glow gold with sickening magic and energy, Cidney knew that face. Queen Nehelenia sat across the ballroom, cupping and sipping a glass of wine that had been supplied by the Crystal Palace itself. Clearly, she shouldn't have been here. She should have been trapped behind the mirror. Cidney had been the one to put her there herself.

And now, Nehelenia stared her down, a knowing smirk on her face. Nehelenia raised her wine glass when she was certain that Cidney could see her, and she sipped from it. Cidney knew that she was trying to say something.

Nehelenia saw her in a way that no one else in this time did. As much as she may have tried to conceal her identity in order to preserve the timeline, Nehelenia saw her. And what that meant terrified Cidney.

She hadn't spoken about her fears to Rosa or the other members of the Quarter, or the other members of the Future Moon that had followed them to the present. She was their princess - it wasn't meant to be long, in their time, until she was queen, even if she was yet to convinced that she was ready. But that meant that Cidney had appearances to keep; she had to remain strong, confident, and powerful to them. She was their leader. But... she was so powerless. As much as it might have been unlike the persona that she had cultivated for herself, after everything that happened Cidney chose to take a much needed day off.

A day that she could get away from the books and the studying. From the danger that surrounded all of them. From the apartment, where it felt like prying eyes were simply waiting to see her and watch her. She didn't need that right now. What she needed, what she wanted, was to simply blend into the crowd. Even Spider-Man was allowed to have his own secret identity. Why couldn't she take advantage of hers while she still had it? Maybe because as much as she was supposed to be, she wasn't a heroine. Not here. Not now. Not like before.

She didn't mean to end up at the Crown Arcade, but she did. She remembered it as one of her mom's favorite places when she was younger, and often a place that she went when she wanted to get away and just have fun. Maybe fun was what she needed. She stepped up to the counter and was greeted by the employee; reaching into her purse she passed the employee a $10 bill. "What can I get for a ten?" she asked, smiling as the tokens were passed back to her. "Thanks!" She said, looking around at the consoles and cabinets as they rested around the place.

It had such novelty. Like a scene taken right out of the 90s.

(This post was last modified: 07 May 2020, 10:54 PM by Cidney Lunette.)
written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

Serenity was grateful that (Motoki) knew how much she adored this place. It remained in his family regardless of what he was currently doing now, and it was perhaps because of her frequent mentions of it during interviews that the place remained popular.

Honestly, she'd do whatever she could to help the place remain open -- it'd helped her so much during her childhood being able to unwind when gaming systems weren't commonplace like they were today.

It went without saying, but her Earth Mama didn't even want her to own a console with how much of a space cadet she was. Now that she reflected upon it, her Mama wasn't so bad and she'd wished that she listened to her more often than not.

It was when she was about to insert some tokens in the slot that her ears perked up slightly from a familiar voice nearby. Her azure hues slowly peered through the room until they landed on the young girl getting tokens.

I know her from somewhere.... don't I? Serenity internally thought, unable to help but stare for a minutes.

Serenity shook her head in a nervous gesture when she realized what she was doing, quickly shifting her gaze towards the machine.

Don't be silly, she's too young to be someone I know! Right? Serenity laughed at the mere thought. "Geez..."

written by Vii
345 posts
43 threads
hover for triggers

Crown Arcade hadn't changed in the time that she had been away. It was different - the entire city was - than it was in her own time, but Cidney had of course seen it in it's heyday. When she was a little girl growing up and working with the 21st century guardians, the arcade hadn't even been as popular as it was now; it was a dying industry that had to have been saved by the fact that this was arguably the Neo Queen's favorite place in the city. The people of Crystal City loved their queen - well. Most of them.

Technology was naturally different when she was growing up in the future than when she was here, and now. Everything was so much sleeker and so much more advanced - if she hadn't been a girl when she was here she surely would have struggled coping with the lack of all of the 31st century technology that she was missing. All things considered, the only piece of tech from her main time that she was allowed to keep was Luna P, and even then that looked like little more than something that could be passed off as a children's toy today.

Either way, Cid took her tokens from the employee and started to move further into the arcade. It was populated - somewhat. There were a few people playing the games; Cid took notice of a kid that was about ten years old continuously going back to a claw machine for a specific little doll that looked like Tuxedo Mask. That made Cidney smile. She missed her parents, but she especially missed her dad, for as much as Cidney and her mother were alike she had always been a daddy's girl. She sighed, took a deep breath, and she continued on.

That was when she saw her. Sitting there in front of one of the cabinets, seemingly ready to play a game. "Mom?" Cidney said aloud, though not loud enough for anyone nearby to hear. For a moment, when no one was paying attention, she looked like a deer caught in a car's headlights, but it passed quickly. When she was growing up her mom had always told her to do what she thought was best, to make certain to take her own time while dealing with the reality of their lives and situations. Make sure to be more than just a princess! But... For some reason, she never stopped to think that Neo Queen Serenity was speaking from experience.

It didn't really surprise Cidney to see her here. It was, after all, her favorite place and her mother was, after all, even still such a child at heart when she was more than a thousand years old. She just wasn't expecting it, especially so soon after the events of the ball. Her heart sped up for a few moments and then she took a few deep breaths, calming back down; there was something even more calming about the fact that she could see her mom now. Cidney knew that she didn't know who she was, but... that was okay, wasn't it?

She could talk to her... couldn't she? She wanted to talk to her. She needed to talk to her.

Perhaps she hadn't really thought it through but as the idea came over her Cidney quickly approached the cabinet that Cynthia was sitting at, dressed like an adult version of the Sailor Moon that Cidney knew. "Uh, hi," Cidney said, stepping next to the second chair on the multiplayer cabinet. "This might be a little awkward, but... This is my favorite game in the entire place, and you look like you could use a partner. Wanna buddy up?"

(This post was last modified: 07 May 2020, 10:54 PM by Cidney Lunette.)
written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

Serenity was about to press single player mode when she heard a voice coming up from behind. When she turned around to see that it was the girl who she'd been staring at, she froze for a moment.

Oh no! Did she--

Serenity's own embarrassment was cut-off when she realized that she enjoyed the same video game and wanted to partner up. Azure eyes fluttered in surprise, taking a moment to process the request. She... a stranger, wanted to play this video game with her?

Internally, Serenity was overjoyed to hear those words. Aside from the people she'd known, she hadn't recalled a stranger asking to play a video game with her in a long time. It simply wasn't appropriate, and she was extremely grateful that she'd gone out as Serena Rose that day instead of Neo Queen Serenity. It was an opportunity for this to happen.

"It's not awkward at all!" Serenity insisted reassuringly, laughing a little. "This happens to be my favorite game too, I haven't played it with a stranger in a while -- I'd like to!" She grinned.

"Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you here before..."

written by Vii
345 posts
43 threads
hover for triggers

Any stress that Cidney might have been feeling before she saw her mother melted away, especially given the fact that she didn't seem to entirely recognize her. The guilt that she might have felt otherwise just melted away, drifting off her shoulders and allowing Cidney to... well... be herself for the first time since the ball. They may have fought so often when Cid was a little girl and Cyn was her mentor more than her older and wiser self, but there was a part of the princess that had a fondness for the younger version of her mother. She was more approachable, more relatable, and it was easy just to open up with her.

So Cid sat at the arcade machine when she was given the go-ahead, beaming as brightly as she could. "Thanks! Personally, I feel like this game is better with more than one player anyway. Did you know in the home version you can have up to five players on the same screen at the same time? Crazy." She said with a chuckle; the game on the screen was a follow-up to the Sailor V video game that released during the height of Sailor Moon's popularity. It followed all of the Inner Guardians as they fought monsters in a side-scrolling adventure.

There used to be six character options, but, well... Anyway.

"Which character do you want to play as?" Cidney asked shortly before Cyn asked if she was from around the city, inputting the tokens as she did. Cidney took a moment. That was... a complicated question that she wasn't entirely sure how to answer properly. She couldn't rightfully say that she was raised here, just a few thousand years into the future. She also couldn't say that she grew up in Infinity City alongside Cynthia when she was a little girl. The Guardian Cosmos made sure of that; no one here knew her unless they were from her time, or outside of it.

"Umm..." Cid stammered for a minute, but then, she supposed that lying was probably better than letting the entire timestream start to come apart and unravel. Who knew if she was even able to tell Cyn the truth? Maybe the Guardian Cosmos made it so that she was literally incapable? Who knew, because she sure didn't.

"I'm from... Maine?" The statement as meant to be decisive, though her tone hung a little on the last word; she picked the state completely randomly. "I started attending Infinity University this past fall semester in order to get my masters degree in Journalism. A few friends and I decided that it was... uh... the time to make a pretty drastic change, I guess." She said; and to be fair it wasn't a lie after the first sentence. Everything else was true - even if that didn't make her feel any better.

"Why do you ask?"

(This post was last modified: 07 May 2020, 10:55 PM by Cidney Lunette.)
written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

"I did, actually!" Serenity beamed, glad to meet someone knowledgeable in the game. "I play it a lot at home with my friends when I'm able, but it's been really stuffy, so I felt like coming here for a breath of fresh air."

Any moment that Serenity could have outside of the palace was a welcomed one. She kept one thing in her mind ever since she met her Mama, and that it was that she was meant to be a normal girl, too -- Serenity had clung to that belief hard.

"I'm pretty flexible!" Serenity insisted, allowing the younger girl to take the first choice instead. Really, she tried to get to know everyone's powers and fighting styles in the game, but she was embarrassed whenever she chose one of the Outer Guardians when she was playing against her friends.

Fortunately, it wasn't the case here -- she was free to choose who she liked.

What was strange though, was when the girl answered her question, she took it a little too literal. Serenity's head tilted slightly, her azure hues fluttered as she tried to grasp what might have been on the girl's mind. Was it the way she phrased it, maybe? Serenity reflected back on her own remark, but decided to brush it off as a simple misunderstanding.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean the question to be taken like that." Serenity laughed, trying to ease the sudden tension she felt. "I meant that I haven't seen you here at Crown Arcade before. Being in journalism sounds tough though! I hope your Professors are teaching you to stay safe too, and not to be too ambitious..."

Serenity had thought about taking writing lessons, knowing that she desperately needed to improve her grammar and spelling now that she had become Neo Queen. She was just grateful that she had a whole staff team to take care of that for her.

written by Vii
345 posts
43 threads
hover for triggers

Okay, so maybe Cidney had put her foot in her mouth. She was never all that good at being coy around her mother even on the best of days; there was a reason that Serenity knew, when she was younger, that she had taken the Silver Crystal. One, there was no one else that could have taken it, and two, when it came to her parents Cidney just... wasn't able to lie. Not as well as with almost anyone else, and certainly not as well as she might have liked. She laughed nervously when Cynthia mentioned that wasn't what she meant, and uttered a small and quiet "Oh..." that, for all intents and purposes, didn't exactly make for thrilling conversation.

"I've been to the Crown before. Not... not a whole lot, and mostly when I was a little kid. Moving here wasn't an accident, I spent a few years staying with some family not too far from here. I guess you could say that I enjoy it's charms." That wasn't a lie, and it came out simpler and smoother. As much as she did enjoy her own time, Cidney enjoyed the simplicity of the 21st century, and to say that there was only a small amount of nostalgia within her for this time wouldn't have been telling the whole truth. Most of her most precious memories were made here, even if she was now the only one that remembered them.

When it came to schooling, the conversation was a little bit smoother already. Cidney had always been the better of the two Cynthia's when it came to school and when it came to studying; she took after Endymion that way and that was how Neo-Queen Serenity liked it. It was true that she could still distract herself with superhero comic books and video games, but at the very least she knew when she had to focus. "Oh no, they aren't throwing anything too dangerous at me... But..." Cid looked up and bit down on her bottom lip. Was this pushing it? Oh yeah it was.

"I was at the Crystal Palace the night of the masquerade ball. I work with a local news organization and I volunteered to cover it since most of the actual reporters were invited to go as guests. I wasn't hurt, and thank God everything went alright, but... That was a little scary. I have an article coming out in the Infinity Times about the entire situation on Sunday." She glanced over to Cynthia to gauge her reaction, or even to see if she actually had one, but also stayed focused on the arcade machine in front of her. Without much thinking, of the eight characters available in the game, Cidney chose Sailor Saturn.

(This post was last modified: 07 May 2020, 10:55 PM by Cidney Lunette.)
written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers

Memories.

That’s all it came down to. Serenity had so many fond memories of Crown Arcade growing up, and while some of them were foggy, the others were cherished dearly. While some might have considered the machines to be relics, Serenity agreed that the relic games kept their charms – some were even better than newer video games.

And directly underneath them was their biggest secret: the Command Center. While it may have been sealed off now that it was no longer necessary, Serenity had continued to cling to familiarity – her dearest wish that one day, maybe, they could relive their youths and regroup at the Command Center. But that wasn’t the case now; they didn’t have to hide their identities from the world or operate in secret.

It was time to create new memories.

“I think that’s what keeps me coming back, too.” Serenity nodded in agreement, gesturing towards the gaming console. “Older video games are great, and they’re not nearly as complicated as some of the new ones – I can’t grasp them half the time! I only just learned how to use computers a few years ago. I have a lot of memories growing up here too as a kid….my friends used to gather here often, but not anymore…. I miss our gatherings a lot.”

It was out of necessity more than a want, too.

Then, she mentioned the royal ball just as Serenity was about to get ready to start playing with her. She felt her palm freeze on the controller, her mind racing right back to the sound of Metaria’s laughter. She felt her heart sink, only to regain a firm grip of her mind when the younger girl mentioned her article in Infinity Times.

She couldn’t hide it – the incident had shaken her to her very core. Metaria’s return hurt her pride as not only Sailor Moon, but also Neo Queen Serenity. She feared for her kingdom’s future and she feared the possibility that Metaria could have learned that the Moon Kingdom was revived.

Thank goodness it was inaccessible, but that had not helped with Elysion.

“It’s a good thing you weren’t hurt, but you didn’t go alone, did you?” Serenity asked, finally choosing her character after Cidney chose. She chose Sailor Pluto. “I think right now it’s too dangerous to go anywhere alone…. I’ve got someone with me even now, but they’re taking care of something! Maybe they’ll come join us for a game too.”

written by Vii
345 posts
43 threads
hover for triggers

At this point when would the last time have been that the Sol Guardians actually got together? Up to now they had all gone their separate ways; some of them, like Uranus and Neptune, stayed closer to the palace and to Neo Queen Serenity. Others went their own way and did their own thing, living their own lives, like what Sailor Jupiter had tried to do. For Jupiter, that didn't really work out the way that she had actually planned for it to; the restaurant that she opened was one of the first places that was attacked by the Black Moon, and from what Cid could tell she had chosen not to open the place again.

That was sad. In the future, Cidney had a few good memories of spending time at the bistro with her friends in the Quartet and the rest of the Future Moon. Jupiter was a damn good cook, and an even better baker. Cidney may have been biased. She was, of course, always incline toward sweets... but still. Cidney knew exactly what her mother was talking about when she spoke of older gatherings, she remembered how much fun they used to have when all of the Sol Guardians - or at least the guardians of the Inner Planets - got together. Lucy would bring sweets, Cyn and [Mars] would sometimes argue, Iseul would make peace...

She understood that this wasn't her time and that they didn't... they didn't remember her... but she still couldn't help but look fondly back on all of that. Cidney nodded, a wave of melancholy washing over her features. "I... I definitely understand that. Maybe you and your old friends can get back together soon? Just for old times." She recognized that was maybe not as possible as Cidney made it out, at least in the way that she wanted to mean it. The best thing about being in a past where she wasn't a princess, where she wasn't even born yet, was the fact that she and her entire court could act like they were just normal.

Cidney had caught when Cyn paused as she mentioned the ball and Cidney wondered for a moment where she was going with this. She had to be really careful so as to not exactly hurt anything going forward; she supposed that the timestream was fragile. But... Still. As the game started and Cynthia asked if she had someone with her then, she nodded her head. "I brought one of my friends along with me as a plus one." She informed her; she had, of course, been talking about Sailor Ceres. Ceres had been left more than a little shaken by the events of the ball too.

"Oh! That'd be fun," Cid admitted as Cynthia mentioned that she had another friend standing guard. Who was it, she wondered? Uranus? That would make sense, and it made Cidney excited that she was potentially going to see an old friend again. "But... first... can I ask you something maybe weird? You remind me of someone that I can't really speak to anymore, and I just..." Cid sighed and took a deep breath. She was just going for it. "If someone told you maybe not to do something, but doing that something happens to be the right thing to do... would you do it?"

(This post was last modified: 07 May 2020, 10:57 PM by Cidney Lunette.)
written by Dusk
45 posts
7 threads
hover for triggers