Eternal
(Invitation) time after time - Printable Version

+- Eternal (https://sailormoon.ethereal-visions.net)
+-- Forum: Crystal Millennium (https://sailormoon.ethereal-visions.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Forum: Elsewhere (https://sailormoon.ethereal-visions.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+---- Forum: Moon Kingdom (https://sailormoon.ethereal-visions.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+----- Forum: Archives (https://sailormoon.ethereal-visions.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+----- Thread: (Invitation) time after time (/showthread.php?tid=6125)

Pages: 1 2

time after time - Diana LeBlanc - 21 Nov 2021

Diana stretched her arms as she got up from her seat after closing the book she had shut. The Moon Palace’s library was vast; and in the future, she didn’t have much opportunity to explore it as she had now.

Diana had realized just how much she had missed out on in the future with its chaotic state. If it wasn’t the war with the Black Moons, it was something else. There was little time to relax beyond a good few years. 

It was a refreshing change of pace as well, as the books while they gave the appearance of standard books, had holographic technologies within them to display its contents. It explained to Diana how they had survived all these years, frozen in time – even though the Moon Palace needn’t have any explanation after its revival after Queen Beryl’s first defeat.

“I’m finally finished with my set,” Diana announced as she gazed towards her companions. “How are you guys doing?” When reading was concerned, Diana was known to be meticulous, ensuring that she didn’t miss a single detail. It meant that reading took time, but it was worth it in the end.

@Elijah Mitchell @Azazer Hawkins

RE: time after time - Elijah Mitchell - 26 Nov 2021

Eli started off with his own research before he met up with Diana to check out the Moon Palace’s library. They’d met up with Azazer when they arrived and explained to him what they were looking for. There had to be a reason why Elysian was still under the control of the Dark Alliance, but they weren’t even certain what they should be looking for to figure it out.

He frowned when Diana said she finished her set of books. He knew she’d have mentioned something if she’d found so much as a hint. “I’m nearly done.” He sighed. “I’m having trouble even finding reference to Elysian and the powers that control it.” He was starting to think this whole mission was a wild goose chase. He still believed though that if they could figure out a way to get control of Elysian back, maybe it would help shift things in their favor.

“You don’t happen to remember anything, do you?” He asked, looking over at Azazer. He knew Azazer had been alive during the Silver Millennium, but that didn’t necessarily mean he knew anything about the origins of Elysian or who controlled it.

@Azazer Hawkins @Diana LeBlanc

RE: time after time - Azazer Hawkins - 28 Nov 2021

Honestly, Azazer was happy to help out even though he was--quite literally at times--a bird brain. Still, he could throw himself into looking through the resources available, though it appeared that the library was woefully lacking in what they were looking for.

If anything ... Well, it almost felt like things were missing but given that he had only rarely seen the library and was more acquainted with the one within the former court of the Nether Moon ... It just felt weird but he was not certain it was worth saying anything about at the moment.

"Uh ... nothing on my end," replied Azazer, setting down a book and staring at the stack he had acquired. His fingers tapped the last one he had read, a quick staccato before he blinked and focused on the fact that Elijah asked him something.

"I mean, besides this library feels like it's missing stuff?" His expression turned thoughtful. "I feel like we might be better off asking Nasir about it? Since we can't find anything here. If ..." His nose scrunched up in thought. "I mean, if it's anything like here or the like, I imagine there's probably a sacred chamber? You know, a place where you could commune and whatever; a spot that really lets you connect with a place. I swear I remember getting yelled at by mom's old priest because I was 'disrupting' some ceremony or the other that was to sanctify a location." Pause. "Or maybe corrupt it, my memory is still kind of spotty."

RE: time after time - Diana LeBlanc - 05 Dec 2021

“What do you mean that it’s missing ‘stuff’?” Diana asked, her curiosity piqued from the statement. Diana hadn’t been too knowledgeable on the library’s contents.

Diana sighed at the mention of Elysion. “The Moon wasn’t allowed much contact with Earth as it was, but I would assume that Lady Selene would have had some records of it.”

It was true though, that Nasir could have been a valuable resource in their investigation, along with the kings and presumably Endymion. Nasir probably would have been more accessible than the latter. And that’s when she realized – Azazer had been onto something with his thoughts.

“When I had to do studies on the Moon Kingdom, we learned that the Moon Palace had its own sacred chambers that only the Queen was supposed to enter. I never thought that such a place could actually be commonplace on other planets, but I also haven’t had the opportunity to visit other planets.” It was a shame, really – that she had been so sheltered and had no true reason to visit the planets across the Solar System.

“It’d be intriguing to visit that spot on the Dark Side of the Moon if it still exists to confirm your theory.”

RE: time after time - Elijah Mitchell - 21 Dec 2021

Eli nodded when Azazer mentioned that he hadn’t found anything either.  “We definitely wanted to talk to Nasir and King Endymion about all of this, but I was hoping there might be some legend or something that might explain the basics of what powers control Elysion or the creation of Elysion or something.”  He hoped that there might be something to jog their memories since if they knew why Elysion was still under the Dark Alliance’s control, he hoped that one or both would have shared it with the rest of them.

Elijah blinked at the mention of sacred places.  In theory it made sense.  He wasn’t high enough in ranks, or at least he hadn’t been in the future, to have access to information on anything like that, but if that was the sort of thing they were looking for, that both made it easier and harder.  It gave them something more specific to look for, but to find out information like that, they’d probably have to dig through a library on Elysion, if one even existed.

“It’s better than anything else we’ve come up with so far and with what I know of magical systems, it makes sense if there’s a sacred chamber or other sacred space on each planet as sort of the magical ‘heart’ or ‘star seed’ of the planet.  If a place like that did get corrupted, only the rightful priest or ruler may be able to undo it.”  In theory that should be Endymion, but that didn’t explain why he wasn’t able to undo the corruption.

@Azazer Hawkins & @Diana LeBlanc

RE: time after time - Azazer Hawkins - 27 Dec 2021

"I mean like ..." Azazer was clearly trying to think on how to phrase it. "Look, my memory is still kind of scrambled because of the entire being a hawk for hundreds of years but the books that talk about the other planets and their cultures, in specifics and description? They're not here. Sure, the ones about the Moon and Earth are here but ..."

A sigh escaped. "It's weird, they should be here and they're not. Even I know Selene enjoyed the knowledge that could be found in her library but most of this is stuff that we can kind of infer ourselves? Mom kind of tried to make her own but it was never as big as this." His nose wrinkled up, Azazer shaking his head and his expression smoothing out. "Or maybe it was always like this, it's just not what I expected to find."

For a moment, as Diana and Elijah both offered their thoughts, Azazer had fallen quiet as he worked through his spotty memory to elaborate more. "It should be, um ... King Endymion's mom as the ruler, maybe?"

There was a frown on his face. "Sorry, my memory really is spotty but I know that just like Selene and mom had priests--uh, they weren't called that though, I think--there should be the same for Earth? Except well, Nasir isn't really connected to Elysion anymore and kind of makes things more complicated." Sigh. "If he still was, I think between the King and him they might be able to manage something but not now. Especially if Metaria has found it and invited Chaos to hunker down in it."

@Diana LeBlanc @Elijah Mitchell

RE: time after time - Diana LeBlanc - 12 Jan 2022

“That’s okay,” Diana said reassuringly. “Everyone’s memory is a little foggy still, I think.” Diana was, admittedly, a little grateful that she didn’t have to deal with a past life. She could reassure herself easily that she remembered what she experienced, and that she hadn’t forgotten something.

“We should be grateful that King Endymion, Lady Gaea, and High Priest Helios are on our side.” Diana said in response to Elijah. While Diana hadn’t had the opportunity to interact with Lady Gaea, she was intrigued. “Elysion as a whole is enough to address those topics to those three, but it’s intriguing nonetheless to see what is in the Moon Kingdom’s library on it.”

“Azazer isn’t wrong though…it is odd.” Diana began, walking towards the library’s bookshelves as she ran her fingertips alongside some of the books. “According to history, Lady Selene treasured knowledge, so to see this library without much contents is strange. I wonder…is there a way to check in the database to see what was supposed to be in this library?”

Diana wondered if books might have been lost to time, but….that was unlikely given the technologies behind the books.

“Lady  Gaea would have access to those chambers, yes,” Diana confirmed. “Even the Moon Palace itself has one, but only the Queen was allowed to enter. I’m not sure if it’s the same on Earth with Elysion.”

“Unfortunately, King Endymion’s power in this time isn’t completely intact,” Diana pointed out. “While High Priest Helios is powerful, in the future… King Endymion’s power is stronger than now.”

RE: time after time - Elijah Mitchell - 23 Jan 2022

Eli frowned as Azazer mentioned that there were books missing from the library. It was different to say it felt like things were missing, but it was something else entirely to be able to name which specific topics were missing books. That made it more real somehow.

“Could someone have borrowed them? Like, would they have been moved to the library in the Crystal Palace or somewhere else?” He asked. It seemed like a lot of books and information to just go missing. Unless someone was trying to hide the information for some reason…

“King Endymion’s mom?” Eli felt a bit like an idiot for not thinking about Lady Gaea before this. Of course! It made sense that she’d be the only one with the power to turn Elysion back to their side. Before he could say anything more about it, Diana circled them back around to how strange it was that there were books missing from the Moon Palace’s library.

His frown matched Azazer’s as Azazer talked about Nasir no longer being connected to King Endymion anymore and how it worked against them. Diana even confirmed that King Endymion’s power wasn’t as strong as in the future. “Is there a way to tell if the difference in the king’s power is something blocking his full power now, or if it’s just that he grows stronger in the future? I mean, Neo Queen Serenity’s power grew over time as well.” He pointed out. There could be a lot of things to explain why the king’s power was different now than in the future. Was there even a way to tell if the king’s powers would reach that point or a different one? Things had already changed and they were in a different timeline now, so who knew how much was different in the future.

@Azazer Hawkins & @Diana LeBlanc

RE: time after time - Azazer Hawkins - 24 Feb 2022

"... uh, I mean ... they could've stolen them but even then you can kind of ..." Azazer picked up the book he had set down and opened it, turning to the inside cover. With a quick press of his fingers on the holographic page, what had been the title page turned to a listing of books available to display. "Probably one of the best features of the books here but this list feels way too short, you know?"

No one ask Azazer how he had learned that trick though because then they would find out about how he had stolen one of the books back during the Silver Millennium and fiddled with it until he figured it out.

"I think it's more likely the information is being hidden for some reason, though why I've no idea. Lady Selene wouldn't want us kept in the dark about the Silver Millennium." Pause. "Though, you know we could just go talk with her AI in the mainframe room as an option as well." If there was something wrong or if someone was hiding information, that would be the quickest way to find out!

"Don't know if there's a way to tell that sort of thing but ..." Azazer tucked a lock of hair back behind a pointed ear. "Chaos having control of Elysion is probably affecting it even if we aren't seeing any negative effects." For a moment he was quiet, clearly thinking, before he blinked rapidly as a thought came to him.

"Wait, wait, wait ... Um, so ... mom was the one who put up the barrier around Elysion that kept everyone out of it but she's purified now, you know? So in theory she could let it drop and bam! Elysion could be ours again. But! If Chaos really has hunkered down and corrupted the Sacred Chamber and more, then mom's barrier is actually stopping the Chaos from flowing outward and hurting the Royal Family, the Golden Kings, Helios, and Lady Gaea! Maybe even [Princess Lady Serenity] to a certain degree; anyone who has a connection to Elysion and the Earth." That meant they really did not want the barrier to drop unless they were prepared for it and ready to take back Elysion. "Don't know why I hadn't thought about asking her about that! It would make so much sense!"

@Diana LeBlanc @Elijah Mitchell

RE: time after time - Diana LeBlanc - 05 Mar 2022

Borrowed or stolen, the matter at hand was that there was something peculiar about the library. “If someone borrowed them it would have been on record. I don’t think that the Crystal Palace would let something like this slip easily. If it was stolen, then the person would have had to be a bit clever to get past Lady Hecate too.”

Diana highly doubted that she would have let something like this slip-up easily, too, as it would have been another suspicion on her plate that she didn’t need.

“If Lady Gaea happened to be here, I do think she would have had consent. I do wonder how much knowledge of this library she might have if God’s Law was implemented back then.” The mere thought made her curious, only to nod.

“I think before we begin to speculate further, seeing Lady Selene would be the wisest option.” Diana agreed, placing a palm against her chin as she listened to Elijah. “I’ve been estimating power based on what I’ve seen and heard through history, but it may be possible to give it a definite test. I think that’d be interesting to see, especially if we can establish that history is absolutely going in a different direction.”

That, after all, was their ultimate goal – to see history changed.

“I don’t know,” Diana sighed. “Without being able to examine the power from Elysion it would be able to say if that’s true.”