Eternal
Welcome to Eternal, a post Sailor Moon Stars site relocated to Orlando, Florida, utilizing the canon portrayals as they were in the series. We also have a plethora of original roles for you to fill, each unique to the site itself. No knowledge of the series is required to play! We're 3/3/3, utilize real life FCs, and we're 1+ years old.

Twelve years ago, King Endymion and Neo Queen Serenity were coronated and became Earth’s rulers. However, not all is well – in response to several of their actions, Wiseman has appeared and is making his mark for the first time in history with the formation of the Black Moon. He’s revived crime and murder never seen within the past twelve years. Lingering in the shadows, the Dark Kingdom has also been revived, claiming to be pro-immortality with the desire to obtain the Silver Crystal for themselves. Queen Metaria has also struck a deal with Chaos to revive deceased antagonists to ensure their victory.

Share Some Tea
Asteria had been born and raised in a royal environment. She had been expecting to take the throne ever since her birth. She had never had a normal life like Cynthia had. So she could feel for the young woman, but she had a duty that she needed to uphold and that meant that she needed to swallow the hard facts. Eventually, Serenity was going to need to make the hard decisions that required her to put her foot down. She was the queen and as much as her guardians might only be looking to protect her, they were also holding her back.

But how did Asteria say that without sounding awful. But as much as she wanted to be kind and sugarcoat it, she had a feeling that Serenity needed some tough love. Everyone probably coddled her and tried to cater to her feelings. But when you were the queen, you couldn’t spare your feelings. You needed to learn when enough was enough. How much longer before Serenity realized that herself?

”That is exactly part of the reason that you are so powerful, Serenity. Your guardians are your strength and it is wise for you to rely on them.” She said with a gentle smile on her face. The way that she loved her senshi was evident from the way that she was talking about them. It was the same way that she felt about her Starlights. She could understand that love and admiration and the humility that came from knowing that she wouldn’t be the queen she was now without them.

However, that didn’t change the fact that Serenity needed to start being more forceful with her authority. She was the queen. She needed to start acting like it.

”Serenity, you are a sweet woman and that is why your guardians are so protective of you. But as much as they may love you, they do not always know what is best for you and they are holding you back. They are preventing you from going out into the world and because of it, the people hate and fear you. You are their queen. One day you will need to remind them of that fact.” Asteria said gently, but there was a firm note in her tone of voice.

She wasn’t going to coddle the queen. Someone needed to be wholly honest with her and she wasn’t afraid to do so. She had stayed here on Earth to be an advisor to the new queen because she was a queen herself.

Serenity knew that too. Her guardians gave her additional support, and with their powers combined they were an unstoppable force. They’d always each complimented each other’s weaknesses and strengths, and she admired many of her Guardians capabilities. Ever since she was a young Guardian in training, she could only remember ever fighting by herself only once. And that was when she was protecting her best friend and transformed for the first time.

Other times? Well, her Guardians were always beside her, whether physically or in spirit.

But hate was a strong word. Serenity grimaced at the thought, but she’d known that Asteria was right in some regard. “I know that I am the Queen, and I know that we need to be better. I am planning on discussing matters with them, I’ve seen it firsthand what the people think of me. But I don’t think I’d blame it entirely on my Guardians. Some of it I think is my own fault too, I let things get out of hand and people now are shocked to see me simply walk outside of the palace.”

“For meetings with other leaders, I should have been more open and been willing to travel to their countries. Instead, everyone comes here, within the safety of the Crystal Palace.” She was extremely glad that the Prime Minister had forgiven her when she feigned illness, but she wouldn’t let them know that it was feigned. But ultimately, that was a meeting that she should have been willing to travel.

"I feel that...they see more of Endymion than they do of me."

Asteria raised a fair eyebrow at the young queen. She was defending her guardians fiercely and she couldn't blame her in all honesty. If someone came to her and began to speak poorly of her Starlights, she knew that she wouldn't want to hear it, even if in some ways it was very true. It felt like a mirror image of her own situation years ago. Once upon a time, she had been a guardian but she hadn't been allowed to truly spread her wings because of how overprotective her Starlights were.

She would always be grateful for them but it wasn't until she was forced away from them and Kinmoku that she had learned that she needed to know how to stand on her own two feet. She had become a stronger senshi and queen for it.

"Maybe you're right in some regards, Serenity. Maybe you are partially to blame for things becoming so grave. But that doesn't change the fact that you need to be more forceful and firm. You are a queen and you need to start acting like it. You are the one in authority and you need to recognize if the people around you are trying to hold you back. Even if it is for the most sincere motives. You need to know how to stand on your own. You will never grow as a queen and a woman until you learn how to say no." Asteria said as she took another sip of her tea.

She was walking a very thin line of not being rude but also trying to get her point across. Serenity was never going to learn if she was coddled and she wasn't given the honest opinions of those around her. Her guardians just wanted to keep her safe but a queen couldn't be separated from her people and expect for them to be alright with it. That was why she had been mingling among her people since even before she was queen.

"Then you need to get out of the palace and show them that you're still you." She smiled gently.

(This post was last modified: 01 Oct 2018, 10:05 PM by Asteria.)

Serenity tensed when she heard Asteria agreeing with her. While she might’ve said maybe, it still hurt. Azure hues widened slightly, gazing at Asteria worriedly. She was never one who was forceful let alone firm, and she would have assumed that the incident with the Sailor Wars was proof of that.

She might’ve been a Queen, but she wasn’t ready. Not by a long shot.

She embraced herself, gazing downcast as she attempted to gather her thoughts. “I don’t remember much of what my Mama taught me during the Silver Millennium, so a lot of it is what I’m learning hands on. I know I need to do better, I need to be more active publicly and stop leaving things to Endymion. But…whenever I say no to my Guardians, they don’t take it that seriously….Not unless I act on my own.”

Was that what she needed to start doing? Acting on her own? Serenity feared that that would only create more problems, but it was worth a try.

“I’ve been trying little by little, without telling my Guardians of what I’ve been doing.” Serenity informed her. “The other day I went outside the Crystal Palace and people were excited to see me, they weren’t expecting it! But….I was very sad that someone was outspoken on their views and revealed their distrust of us. I wish that that hadn’t happened, and I think I should have said other things…. It made me nervous to go out on my own without my Guardians advice at my side.”

”The things that you most often need to hear are the ones that you don’t want to hear. I will never be unkind to you, Serenity, but I will also need to be honest with you if my role in helping you learn how to become a queen will be successful. And as you are right now? You are not fit to rule anyone.” Again, there was a soft and kind edge to her voice. The look on her face was one of sadness. She didn’t mean to be unkind. She really didn’t.

But she needed Serenity to listen to her. She needed to act more like a queen and allowing her guardians to dictate what and how she did something wasn’t going to solve anything. It was only going to make matters worse and she wanted to make sure that the worst didn’t happen.

Well, as best as she could considering.

”Being a ruler isn’t a skill that comes naturally to anyone. Despite what it may seem like, even I have struggled many times. But I believe in you, Serenity. I believe that you can be the queen that you are destined to be. You have already done the impossible in putting a stop to Galaxia and defeating Chaos. You have a good and kind heart and that is where your strength lies.” She smiled and she reached out across the table to place a hand on Serenity’s hand.

She just hoped that she didn’t sound so harsh when she was trying to give the fledgling advice that she needed in order to better herself. She knew that Serenity had it in her to be an amazing ruler. She knew that she was going to become a force to be reckoned with. The first step was just knowing how and when to put her foot down.

”There will be distrust and there will always be opposition to your rule. Even with the defeat of Chaos, there will always be darkness in the hearts of men. It is their nature and there will always be people trying to bring you down. It is simply a universal truth. But you are taking the first steps needed to gain the trust of the people. And that is important.” She smiled warmly.

It was harsh hearing that from Asteria, but she knew she was right. She needed her Guardians at her side as her advisors at all times, especially Endymion, who was much more knowledgeable than she. Serenity was still very young, very naive as far as politics went, and she didn’t feel comfortable in the political scene.

Everything that she knew she was basing off of memory from what she learned during the time of the Silver Millennium, and it wasn’t much that she remembered.  But it was still very hard, it was still all very new, and the planet’s laws were still very different.

“I...will admit that I feel uncomfortable when I am meeting face to face with other politicians, and prefer that my advisors or Endymion meets with them instead. But I want to do better in that regard, and get to learn more. I just feel so anxious lately, so paranoid.....” Serenity turned her head away, facing the direction she believed the city to be. 

“Don’t you know that one of our enemies is the enemy that destroyed our kingdom from the Silver Millennium? I can’t fail Mama or my Guardians.” She informed her, unaware of what her full knowledge was regarding the Dark Kingdom lore. She was fidgeting with her fingers as she spoke. “They shouldn’t have come back...I don’t know why they’re back...the Black Moon is all that we should be facing... We’ve never faced them before.”

Listening further to Asteria as she spoke, Serenity nodded her head in agreement. She knew this, everyone knew this. Darkness did not disappear, it would always exist even if Chaos lay dormant at the bottom of the Galaxy Cauldron like it did for several years.

“I’ve had this discussion with my Guardians, and I am going to work towards gaining the trust of my people. That is most important right now, just as is combating our enemy. We need to discover as much as we can about them and discover how we can detect them, which may put citizens at ease just a little bit.”

"I don't wish to overwhelm you with hard things to hear today, so I think I have given the hard advice that I have to give for the night." She said with a little bit of a sad smile. She didn't like being unkind to anyone, especially to someone that she considered to be a friend like she considered Serenity. She wanted her to be a strong queen that her people could look up to happily and be proud of their queen. She just wanted to help Serenity become that kind of queen in any way that she will.

"I know it is uncomfortable, but you may find that the more of those meetings you attend, the more comfortable you will become with it. I used to sit with my father with many of his audiences with other members of the court or those that would come to him seeking aid. I was only eight years old when I first sat in on one of those meetings." She said thoughtfully.

It had helped shape her into the queen that she was now. She hadn't been very comfortable back then, but her father had known how wise she really was and that meant that he had wanted her to sit in on those meetings and give the advice that he never could. Her mind had always worked differently from her father's.

"I believe that you can do what you want to do, Serenity. And I believe that you will put any doubts to rest. I believe in you. We all believe in you. You just need to believe in yourself." She said gently. She wasn't continuing the conversation about the Dark Kingdom because it wasn't going to matter. She knew that they were threats and they had almost been the death of the White Moon twice over. But they had been defeated each time. She knew they would be again.

She put a hand on Serenity's arm and she nodded to her. "I believe in you, Serenity. Do you believe in yourself?"

That was the question that really needed to be asked.